Safe hubs

AnoukHol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I understand these are not the most safe places, but sometimes I am there. I was just wondering about what people can do there. 

Two times now I saw a bright light, and I crashed big time. My laptop also. How is that possible?  And if I can find out who did that and derender him or her, does that help??

Thank you for any answers

AnoukHol wrote:

Ok I understand these are not the most safe places, but sometimes I am there. I was just wondering about what people can do there. 

Two times now I saw a bright light, and I crashed big time. My laptop also. How is that possible?  And if I can find out who did that and derender him or her, does that help??

Thank you for any answers

Run away. All you will find there is trouble.

AnoukHol wrote:

I will stay away from there there from now on. Still stupid it is possible people can do that to someone else. Thanks both

You may not be able to avoid them completely.You'll land in a "safe hub" when logging in if the previous sim is down and you have Adult maturity settings. But yeah, ordinarily they're horrid places, frequented by horrid people.

On the other hand, the kind of viewer crasher you experienced can be found other places, too. Indeed, there's a notorious G-rated infoHub region that supposedly gets it a lot.

LL has made viewer change recently to protect against many such graphics overload crashes, but it's an arms race, and viewer makers are at a big disadvantage because they want to deliver good performance when there are no crashers around, as well as protecting from those crashers.

That bright light is a graphics crasher the smarter griefers will make this crasher invisible so you don't see it and still get crashed or they will use a lagger instead. i've been told you should block and derender the suspected crasher/lagger maybe i've been derendering the wrong people it doesn't help much

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.