Issues with Premium Membership & LL Home

WrenNoir Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a Premium Membership that was a couple of days past due. I went to pay and considered downgrading to Basic. I abandoned my land and set account to downgrade, but because I was overdue, the Basic Account was not going to downgrade until this current (overdue) membership expired (Feb 2017). So, I paid for the Premium Membership until Feb 2017.

Now, I can't get a home back, my account is still listed as Premium with a note that it is schedule to be downgraded. So, it's a Premium Account currently, but when I go to choose a LL home, I get the message that my account is past due dispite the fact that I did pay for it. This message ONLY comes up when I try to choose a home. It does not come up on all other screens as it did when it was TRULY overdue.

Is this a process that takes a few days or something?

Thank you

4 answers to this question

It sounds like everything is working as it is supposed to.  You cannot downgrade from Premium to Basic as long as you own property on the Mainland, including your Linden Home. So you have correctly abandoned the home and told Linden Lab that you wish to downgrade.  Hence the designation "Downgrade pending." Your request is "pending" rather than immediate because Premium memberships are prepaid.  That is, you will still be a Premium member until the end of the period that you have already paid for.  You will continue to receive your L$300/week stipend, you may use Premium sandboxes and enter Premium hunts and get Premium gifts at the kiosks, and you will have access to Live Chat and all categories of support cases. The only thing you cannot do from now until the end of your Premium membership period is own Mainland property.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7.  Among other things, you can tell them that you have changed you mind about downgrading, if that's what you have decided.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 2

if you started the downgrade you can't own mainland anymore

Because you were overdue, and seems you were on anual subscrition, your new yearly subscription started already.... overdue or not, it renewed on the date of expiration, not on the day of payment.

So you will be basic after this time.

If you want to own mainland, send in a ticket to support that you don't want to downgrade, they can reset it.

If you still want to downgrade... do it shortly before the subscription ends.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.