Shawna / Classic Female Avatar Hair LImitations

Lana207ave

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Soooooo... I am relatively new to SL. I love the Shawna skin but want to change the hair to be a fade (shaved side and back and a little something on top) borrowed from the boys.

Is it me or is the hair base permant? I can't seem to get it off and I need my instance of Shawna to be bald in order to wear the hair styles I like and feel comfertable in otherwise her default dark hairbase will show through.

Any input and/or advice would be great.  

Thank you!

It sounds like the hair is part of the skin.  If it weren't it would be on a tattoo layer, as Alwin said check your worn tab.

You could contact the creator and ask them if they have a bald version of the skin. 

Alternatively you could make a 'bald' tattoo that you could layer under the tattoo you want to use, if you have any graphic skill or hire someone to make you one.

Lana207ave wrote:

Soooooo... I am relatively new to SL. I love the Shawna skin but want to change the hair to be a fade (shaved side and back and a little something on top) borrowed from the boys.

Is it me or is the hair base permant? I can't seem to get it off and I need my instance of Shawna to be bald in order to wear the hair styles I like and feel comfertable in otherwise her default dark hairbase will show through.

Any input and/or advice would be great.  

Thank you!

That starter skin has a permanent hairbase so there isn't much you can do with it to get a fade. The starter avatar skins are generally expected to be just good enough to get you started. You'll probably want to pick a new skin eventually which will give you more options. You don't even have to spend money to do so if you know where to look. Here's something you might try, for instance:

1.) Go to the LAQ skin store in-world: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LAQ/221/98/30

2) Click on the  JOIN LAQ! sign. This will get you into the free group this skin store uses for news (they're pretty quiet and non-spammy, unlike some groups.)

3) Go to the "Group Gift" poster. Yes, I know the skin on the poster looks nothing like Shawna, but that won't be as much of a problem as you'd think. It comes with skins in all of LAQ's new skin tones.

4) You'll get a box that you'll have to unpack. Once you get things unpacked and in your inventory, try the skin labled "Tone 3.5" while wearing the Shawna shape.

This is just one example of some of the free options available, and once you find one you like you'll usually find yourself with many more options as you continue in SL. (Of course, you can actually pay money too if you like if it makes your life easier/better.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.