The green dots on world map

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

bebejee wrote:

where are these people then?

You mean where are those bots then? :P

Seriously, the world map isn't updated in real time so what you see there may be a few seconds outdated. That may explain minor deviations but not huge conistent differences.

Are there any particular places you see this happen? There is one very simple and obvious way for a landowner to fake green dots on the map. Never heard of anybody actually doing it but why not? (One hint here: the world map doesn't jsut show green dots, it also gives the actual number of avatars in the sim - on some viewers you see it right away on others you have to point the mouse cursor ont he sim for a second - does that figure match the numebr of dots?)

zoom in, and you will see they are stll there. The minimap only shows a few sims at max, while the worldmap shows hundreds or even thousends when you zoom out enough  .... the closer you get the less denser the green dots.

It's indeed a bit delayed, but won't be that different when you tp in.

bebejee wrote:

I was boating and had both maps open, and the dots didnt show up on mini when I reached a location full of dots on world map so was wondering, I guess its what some others have explained above, scale and numbers, will check again.

In that case I find it hard to believe you didn't see which sim the dots were in and you don't have to zoom that far out before the dots are removed from the map anyway. But if it only happened once, it was probably just a temporary glitch. (Yes, as hard as it is to believe those do happen in SL!)

Or maybe even my half-serious suggestion about fake green dots was right after all. ;)   (In case anybody wonder: sky screen with green dots on it - won't stand up to closer examination but should be able to fool a few people who only takes a quick glance at the map)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.