Texture animation direction

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have this script in a regular prim cylinder and the textures flows downwards, as I want it to .  But I made a mesh version of the cylinder and the script makes the texture flow sideways/horizontally.  Is there some thing I could change the direction?  I tried changing the texture rotation in the edit window but that had no effect.

{
// state_entry() is an event handler, it executes
// whenever a state is entered.
state_entry()
{
// llSetTextureAnim() is a function that animates a texture on a face.
llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES,1,1,1.0, 1,0.25);
// animate the script to scroll across all the faces.
}

}

• Like 1

I tried changing the texture rotation in the edit window but that had no effect.

Hmm. It's true that smooth texture animation always scrolls the texture horizontally in texture space (that is, toward positive U, for a constant V), but if you rotate the texture 90 degrees, that should result in it scrolling vertically across the face of the object (toward Y for a constant X). Ordinarily, I'd assume that's what you meant by "no effect" -- the texture itself is still scrolling horizontally-- but you also said that you had this same texture flowing "downwards" as desired on a regular cylinder, and you should be able to get that same texture to move the same direction whether the surface is a prim or a mesh.

Is there any chance we're actually talking about two different textures, one on the prim and another on the mesh?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.