Recently when I enter sl through official viewer or firestorm and a vpn the avatar never downloads

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

...and when I disconnect the vpn, the avatar always doownloads alright.

I had issues with my sl entering and functioning since when I started inworlds last august.  Such as could not dress, wasn't let to collect coins, was constantly thrown out and obliged to reconnect each couple of minutes and so on.

I have all kinds of hijack issues in my systems many years now and never surf without all the necessary security issues, including a vpn.  That is firewall, antivirus, antimalware, alsways surfing through standard accounts and a vpn.

But last august when first I tried to enter sl, the official viewer or firestorm would not download through a vpn, no way whatsoever and I was obliged to surf without it as a result, all those issues making impossible to remain inworlds.  As an example each and every time I was trying to collect a coin I was thrown out and rushing to reenter for not to lose the 30 seconds time limit.

Was doing that innumerable times as I was decided to earn lindens...

Nevertheless at the time brightcanopy was luckily advertsied and thought that maybe given that this is a browser and not a viewer would be eventually compatible with vpns, which really happens.

This saved me then bit did cost a lot as I was playing a lot and payig overages, but then after a while both sl viewer and firestorm became miraculously compatible with some vpn's, not cyberghost as much as I can tell up to now, but others.

So now I can surf through a vpn without being charged.  But this last month additiional problems occured, my avatars did not download or they became distorted the graphics of all my viewers were altered not by me with as a resut to see different sea and sky and lose my sims trees etc etc.  I posted in abuse forum and all that stopped immediately.

Now the only thing that happens is the above, the avatar would not download in no way whatsoever if I do not disconnect from the vpn.

So my question is why possibly this last could happen?

Am trying to correct the pc I'm using right now to exclude hackers but it is difficult as it is a small system with little space and will find a way soon but in the mean time, please just answer how can it be that both viewers avatars do not dowload unless if outside the vpn.  Also some other features seem do not work right, inventory related.  But I can see ok the 3d world.

And with brightcanopy the avatars download alright, the thing is this is an expensive work around.

P.S.  It's not me that makes it difficult.  Recently my desktop crashed because of the graphic card.  It was an old system and I was told that it cannot be repaired.  I could not afford a new one so I bought a netbook and unfortunately I saw later that it has only 30 gb space, the 20 gb occupied by the os.  And windows 10!  The merchant that sold this obviously was not honest (big local computer chain).

It cannot update no way whatsoever the last windows 10 update that asks for 6 gb free space.  I tried millions times, ways and workarounds.  Without all the windows patches consciensiously applied no antivirus and security suite can be effective.

So I recover through dvd and everything works fine.

But after a while, everything stops working right, access denials, slow performance etc.

It's the moment I know hackers intruded.  I wait as long as I can stand it and then I recover through dvd again.  This happens even more than once a week.

There is no doubt that hackers are targeting me and not the 99% of the rest of humans.  Asking why does not help.

I only was wondering about this.  1) Last year when first  entered sl the viewers were not configured to function with a vpn.  I searched thoroughly in the net and there was no solution until brightcanopy emerged.

2) Then the viewers became compatible perfectly well.

3) And now again, they do not function with a vpn, at least not completely.

I was just wondering if the last change  has some other explanation than my own hackers problems.  An additional explanation, let us say.   As apparently the first two statements had nothing to do with them.

P.S.2 I paid an additional 100 euros and upgraded fully, updated fully my pc to windows 10 with all available updates, an updated security suite and the vpn I used to use with sl for the past 2 at least months.

I can log in alright but the avatar does not download and I cannot teleport.  It's not a question of hackers, the one who made sl viewer compatible with some vpn's earlier did this now. Same happens with Lumiya, it's available without vpn only.  As if this wasn't enough each and every time I return to my sim, where yellow ban lines are activated and nobody else enters than me, scripts all over are ruined and I must rerez objects.  And I'm confessing small percentage of all things I do not make difficult myself and that stop me from entering inworlds.  From the begining, 4 months now up to this moment, each and every time I lived inworlds is being blocked one way or another .  Nevertheless I have a sim, and houses and many many happy moments.  And some friends. So be it, what else can I do, except from leaving for ever?

3 answers to this question

i really don't understand why you are making it so horribly difficult for yourself.

I really can not imagine hackers are waiting for you to come online so that you'r not able to use your connection and pc as 99.999999 ......... % of all people can.

If a hacker has access you must have malware on your machine. A normal updated firewall and anti virus should be totally able to handle that.

• Like 1

I am just guessing here, but SL uses a CDN to download textures. If your VPN somehoenblocks traffic coming from the CDN you will have issues. You might also be having issues routing traffic from the VPN to the avatar baking servers. I can't use SL on my work network for example because the routing for avatar baking doesn't work with the way our network is setup. It sounds like you have a lot of layers of protection in place, and with each layer comes an equal layer of complexity.

• Like 1

Wow you are making this harder than it really needs to be..

First off I would clean out my machine of all the malware that seems to be hiding and install a good, free anti-virus program and there are many good ones out there.

With everything you have installed you are basically blocking Second Life from even rendering your avatar properly. Each layer you have prevents things from properly loading. Each layer of "security" presents it's own problems. With all that you have blocking I am amazed you can even log in at all!

In summary you just have way too much in the way for it to work properly. Give your machine a good cleaning and install a good anti-virus and give it another go.

Good Luck.

Felicia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.