REALLY DISTURBING!! SMH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have open a club on this sim...  But after I bought the land, I turned on my mini map, and seen a bunch of avatars in one part of the sim.  Ok... So I decided to check it out.  It was a kid area... I was there maybe a minute when I get an IM from some guy in a boy child avatar and hitting on me.  I thought I was going to puke, plus he was wearing a "Collar" and I checked out his profile seeing that he was also collared to a Mistress as a child avatar.  That is when I had to leave, before I was running to bathroom to throw up.

Very unreal disputing.   Maybe I just don't get the whole child avatar thing in sl with adults behind the keyboard.

Kayla Whittaker wrote:

I have open a club on this sim...  But after I bought the land, I turned on my mini map, and seen a bunch of avatars in one part of the sim.  Ok... So I decided to check it out.  It was a kid area... I was there maybe a minute when I get an IM from some guy in a boy child avatar and hitting on me.  I thought I was going to puke, plus he was wearing a "Collar" and I checked out his profile seeing that he was also collared to a Mistress as a child avatar.  That is when I had to leave, before I was running to bathroom to throw up.

Very unreal disputing.   Maybe I just don't get the whole child avatar thing in sl with adults behind the keyboard.

So you have had an account in Second Life for almost 10 years, but until two days ago had not noticed the ageplayers and pedos that are all over? And now it is "REALLY DISTURBING" and "very unreal disputing"?

I would be surprised if a report contained enough substance to achieve anything though. All but the most stupid ones have long since learned to edgecase the Labbie rules.

No... I have known it has been here.  Just never went to any of the places.  After 10 years, that was the first time my avatar has ever landed in one, just because it is on the same sim where I was building a club.   It turned my stomach and left.

But I also have a "No Child Avatar" policy with my club... And sure enough, had a kid pop in, told she to leave, she tried to argue with me on it.  I banned her really quick.  

well chat is usually hard to control since its made from a combination of text character rather than a pre-defined thing.

but it wouldnt be too hard to establish a default for what a child ava is (aside from the obvious).and then a tiny widget could be used to monitor,block,and control capable animations of child ava if need be

there is more tha one way this could be said:

1.pre-approved animations: all animations intended for child ava,or particle effects,etc.must go through a reveiw process to be added,regardless of private use or marketplace

2.have a complicated algorythm that scans the animations being used on child ava for certain pre-defined position criteria,blocks usage,and then reports said ava in auto

3.the crude way: pre approved animations as mentioned above+ an animation deadswitch,which means not only will pre approved animations be the only ones availible,but only in the pre approved way they were approved for.(this is to prevent end-user rearrangement of pre approved animation properties to acheive profane result)

now of course,the first definition for child ava would have to be a very "state of the art" definition for the time

and of course,no rest for the wicked,there would be gradual attempts to circumvent this by warping one feature or another,fiddling with the model ivisi-parts,etc. the "Edgeplay" you mention

but the good news about that is it usually takes a long time,and considering the resources of LL are much higher than that of a user.the speed should be in LL's favor

ive already calculated that maybe not you,but someone else might bark about "invasion of privacy" or "free speech" in relation to my idea.

that is not an issue.this is against TOS,it is illegal (in alot of places).

no one can say things against the solution to this problem,except for maybe being poorly written,or bad execution.

things like free speech and privacy dont give a person any right at all to do things like that,just like free spoeech and privacy doesnt give a person a right to do illegal street drugs,go on rampages,etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.