How does one lose status here? I used to be shown as Honored Resident, now I am just a "member" ..

Tazzie Tuque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Not that this is any big deal  it is just one of those things I would like an answer to..  I used to be shown as "Honored Resident"  now I am just shown as "member".  Who decides this?  and what criteria do they use?  And how does someone manage to get bumpped down from Honored Resident after 10 years in SL.  I have seen a lot newer avatars with less posts with Honored Resident..  Just curious also as to how come some folks get huge pics and others of us still have the old small ones..  This is a curiosity question, I hate it when I can't figure out why something happens lol.. Is there a Forum God,  who favours those he/she likes and punnishes those he/she doesn't lmao???

4 answers to this question

It's based on participation activity on the Lithium forums, not time in-world or anything useful whatsoever. The more you post here, the higher you go from Resident > Recognised Resident > Honored Resident > Member.

• From memory, Recognised Resident = 2 posts
  • Honored Resident = 10 or so?
  • I assume Member is 100 posts, since you've just 'earned' it.

Member is 'higher up' than Honored Resident, for whatever that matters (it doesn't).

I seem to remember that Members have some ability to do with posting or tagging, but I don't think I've used it.

Oh! There's a guidance note on the ranks here.

• Like 1

Anyone can decide to withdraw Kudos that s/he has previously awarded, so if you are right on the cusp metween one rank and the next, you might flip back and forth if people can't make up their minds.  I don't think your participation score or your Kudos ever go stale, but who knows?  This is one odd system.  If we got money or chocolate, I would be more concerned about it.  As it is, a big rank and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee.  :smileytongue:

haha well thanks to the two of you who attempted to answer this question.. obviously there is NO real answer.. and I agree this is an odd system to be sure.. truth is I was just curious.. I really don't care about rank or status.. I respond to any post I feel I can either add an opinion or offer some help.. Thanks folks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.