Mesh body and older clothes do not show on it.

TheSunTheMoon Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ANYO

I have a mesh body now and so my older clothes which do not have the appropriate applier in them do not show when I wear them. 

Can this be fixed by me? Do you have to be a designer to add appliers to clothes? 

And if I can put an applier into the clothing item how do I do it?

I read this on another post in here, Check out a product called the Omega Applier from Love and Lust.  I have not used this myself, but I am told that it can enable the use of standard clothing layers on a mesh avatar body. 

ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT HOW THIS WORKS?

5 answers to this question

only clothes designed for that special mesh body will work, unless it's omega applier compatible.But a tip... be sure your body is omega compatible....not all are!

You will need to buy your garderobe new, or look at the store where you got it for the right applier.

You don't put appliers in the clothing, the applier brings a clothing texture on your avatar.

If you read the notecards provided with applier, or even your body, you will find most answers to your questions.

as always.... buy demo's before you spend a fortune on things that won't work or are not what you look for.

The more rare you mesh body is, the fewer appliers will be around.

Mesh bodies to not work with ANY clothes that are based on system layers, because as the name suggests, those layers only work on the standart body. The only work-around for this are appliers. One of the most common system for appliers is the Omega system. Its compatible with quite a few mesh bodies, but certainly not with all on the market. There are also appliers made especially for certain bodies.

Now you need to understand what an applier does: Its a scripted device that applies a texture to the mesh body.

You do not put an applier into things, the applier puts textures on your mesh body. As you probably guessed right now: You need the texture for that.

I can't really help with the how-to. When I switched to a mesh body, I was already prepared for the fact, that I couldn't keep my old stuff and just went shopping for fitting new mesh clothes (and stuff with appliers for my body).

Sorry, but that is not correct.  The Omega system does not allow you to wear classic clothing layers on your mesh body.  Nothing will do that.  Here's why...

Your classic body is a specific type of mesh, designed to work as an integral part of Second Life.  Its shape can be adjusted with the Appearance sliders.  It is designed to support several different texture layers.  Templates are available for designers (or you!) to paint skin or clothing in these layers, using Photoshop or another paint program.

Mesh bodies are objects.  Objects are supported in Second Life (obviously!) but they use editing functions that are different from the Second Life avatar body system.  Two important functions for objects are scripting and texturing.  Objects can contain scripts...programs that enable the object to do things.  Also, objects can be textured by applying a bitmap image to one or more faces of the object.  Mesh objects have their faces defined during their creation, by the mesh creator.  

One cool thing you can do with scripts is to use them to apply different textures to the object.  This is what's happening when you use an applier to make it appear that you are wearing a dress on your mesh body.  The applier (a little HUD) contains the proper texture, and is designed to talk to the mesh body and tell it to use that texture.  

For an applier to work, it has to know two things.  It has to have the texture that is to be applied.  This is created by the skin or clothing designer.  And, it has to know where on the mesh body to apply the texture.  The beauty of the Omega system is that it's designed to work with many different mesh bodies...so the clothing designer only has to make ONE texture, and provide ONE applier in her outfit, instead of making appliers for every different mesh body that's out there.

• Like 1

Mesh Body invisible here fixed problem on my HP pavilon dv7 laptop by disabling my ATi Graphics chip in the Device manager Display Adapters tab then under the driver tab for that ATi card. badda bing bada boom now i see my mesh avatar body and clothes.

9 hours ago, JoshDuggar said:

Mesh Body invisible here fixed problem on my HP pavilon dv7 laptop by disabling my ATi Graphics chip in the Device manager Display Adapters tab then under the driver tab for that ATi card. badda bing bada boom now i see my mesh avatar body and clothes.

Josh, I would not recommend that as a fix.  What you've done is to switch your laptop from using the high performance graphics (ATI Radeon) to low performance graphics.  You might now be able to see mesh, but you're not going to get anywhere near the frame rate that you'd get with the ATI graphics.  Instead, try updating the Radeon graphics drivers.  If that still gives problems, take a look here for more detailed advice: https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/ati

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.