I'm having trouble with wearing items I've purchased.

Drusy74

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've purchased an item, hit "keep", and found it in my inventory under options, and tried a few things... such as Add (turns into a white box above my avatar), Wear (same white box), and I've tried to click and drag onto the ground, which then an error popped up that said this land won't let me do that, and then the item disappeared from my inventory and I can't find it.

So now I've spent money that disappeared, which is frustrating.

Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

If "add" or "wear" puts a box over your head, you have bought a demo item, not the real product. That box is the way merchants deliberately disable a demo so that you won't be tempted to wear it in public instead of paying for the real thing. And the error message is telling you exactly what it should. If you are trying to rez an item on land where you do not have permission, you'll see that message every time. Unfortunately, if you try to rez a no-copy object and it fails, the servers will often lose track of it temporarily instead of just putting it back in your inventory. It should have returned by the next time you log in, though.

• Like 2

The merchant who provided the demo product should also have the full product available. If you purchased though the marketplace, it should have a different listing. Return to the marketplace and search for either the exact product, or the vendor. You should see the thing you purchased, absent the "Demo" qualifier.

If you purchased in-world, it would probably be in the same display area.

Unlike RL, you can't return things you purchase in SL. Demos all you to check fit and suitability before you spend money on the "real" thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.