moda import problem

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have a purchased .dae file. If I import it to blender, which I will not use, the objects come in righ side up.

Now when I import into MODA (which I love) the shoes come in sideways. When I attempt to rotate the shoes all the parts rotate but lose their relationships to one another. some of the parts offset considerably.

Its a trial version of MODA so Im evaluating it and cant figure out what I need to do to make all the parts stay together. Ill include a pic of what it looks like imported..one shoe on one side of the floor grid and one on the top side and both sideways.

In addition when I try to save the file from blender in another format, the shoes then import rightside up, when when I try to do anything the scene goes all haywire and then I cant even see the objects.

ugh. I finally find a tool where many things seem intuitive but I cant accomplish the simplest thing with an imported .dae. I really believe Im doing something wrong. so hope there is a moda expert in here.

thanks for your time!

This is a common issue with most modelling applications. Most DCC apps have the Y axis as the UP axis. Second Life has the Z axis as up axis though.

Do a google search for "modo y up to z up" and you'll get an answer under the first hit, second post of the forum thread.

• Like 2

Also note that unless this was a mesh file from an SL creator, the file you are uploading would not be legal for import into SL. Reading the TOS is important. Any "outside" files are not allowed.

Perfectly good for testing of course. Just letting you know.

Are  you SURE you don't want to try Blender again ?  LOL. Lots (LOTS) more help out there.

:D

chic, I purchased my files from a creator that used to sell in SL, and Ive used many of his full perms inside SL. Currently he has pretty much left SL (though you can still find his products in the marketplace) and now sells FULL PERM on a 3D sales website OUTSIDE of SL and yes, it is allowed to be used for games etc and that includes uploaded to SL or inworldz for that matter. For personal or commercial use because I PAID for that licensing.

Ironically I think he left because lindens were saying anything uploaded into the world became their property? I might be wrong about that. Certainly hope they still dont have that mindset because I wouldnt dream of uploading anything into any world where anything I purchased or created they automatically claimed was theirs. thats nuts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.