can you get a new body but have the same face?

imnotyourjulietromeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

sorry, if it was already discussed, but I am lost with alee the shapes, skins etc. 

I like my avatar's face, I'm kind of fond of it yet the body it came with especially my boobs (*laughs*) looks quite umm flat and kind of 2 dimensions, when looked from a side. Also, with some poses, the body literally breaks into funny shapes.

Can anything be done about it?

thank you guys :)  

If your shape is modifiable, you should be able to edit just your body to look more the way you want it to.  If not, you'll need to either get another shape which is modifiable, then try to edit it's face to look like your old shape or, if you want to be adventurous, create a new shape yourself, then edit it from the default to look like something decent.  Do be aware that the later is very time consuming and surprisingly difficult for even the most seasoned of users.

The poses issue is different though... the only real fix for that is use better animations.

...Dres

What do you mean by "the body it came with"? 

Standart avatars are one complete "thing", there is no cut between head and body, so I guess you are using a mesh avatar. Now the question would be: What exactly are you currently using?

- One of the mesh starter avatars?

- A specific *complete* mesh avatar from a store?

- A mesh body without a head?

Or something completely different? Sorry, but its not clear from your text what the situation is.

Further to what Dres wrote about editing shapes: the sliders that affect the facial features are those under Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Mouth and Chin, and to a lesser extent Body Fat from the Body heading. As there are more sliders under these headings than for the rest of the body, you want to preserve these and change the others. If your current shape is moddable, you can do this by altering the rest of the sliders.

*** Make a copy first, if you can ***

If you don't think you're up to creating a shape, find a moddable shape you like and copy down all the values from the Body, Torso and Legs sliders. You can then go into your old shape and change the values to match. Body Fat is the only slider that affects body and face, so if the values are wildly different you might have to compromise a little.

It sounds to me that you use a standard shape. You will keep your head and face untouched if you purchase a mesh body.

Yes, the breasts are not so "perky" on it. They are not changing the overall impression when you adjust the sliders either. I assume that you mean that there is no nipples when you talk about them looking flat from the side.

If you haven't already, read up reviews and tutorials on this blog: http://meshbodyaddicts.com

Make sure you test demos.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.