Sign in to follow this  
Babywolfpup

Need Help Making a Menu Driven Multi Full Song Music Player that can Play up to 15-20 Full Songs

Question

A question like this truly belongs in the LSL Scripting forum, not in Answers.  However, I can tell you that LSL is not well-designed for handling full-length music.  As you have discovered, the best it can do is to stitch 10-second sound clips together.  That's not only a tedious process but it is very unreliable.  With luck, you can often get rid of hiccups and clicks between clips, but luck disappears when there is much lag in a region.  In any case, it's a frustrating scripting challenge. If you are not a LSL scripter, I suggest posting in InWorld Employment to hire one who is willing to give this a try.  Be prepared to pay quite a bit for it. If you are planning to make full-length music selections available, it is far better to put them on an external streaming server and play them through a modified radio script. 

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

A question like this truly belongs in the LSL Scripting forum, not in Answers.  However, I can tell you that LSL is not well-designed for handling full-length music.  As you have discovered, the best it can do is to stitch 10-second sound clips together.  That's not only a tedious process but it is very unreliable.  With luck, you can often get rid of hiccups and clicks between clips, but luck disappears when there is much lag in a region.  In any case, it's a frustrating scripting challenge. If you are not a LSL scripter, I suggest posting in InWorld Employment to hire one who is willing to give this a try.  Be prepared to pay quite a bit for it. If you are planning to make full-length music selections available, it is far better to put them on an external streaming server and play them through a modified radio script. 

• Like 1

adding only this to the answer you already got:

i hope for you it's not a wearable object that polutes the whole surrounding near you with loud songs nobody else than you likes. You wil find yourself banned from places and derendered / blocked by many residents. When you want to listen to music, open your own library or youtube and enjoy it fully yourself.