Compared to a terrorist for an honest review?!

VioletJean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi..

I hope maybe someone can help me.

I recently left an honest review on a full perm item I bought. I was then im'd and asked to remove it and refunded my L's. 

I said, no, my review still stands because there were major issues with the product and if it was fixed I would be more than happy to change the review.

The return offline I got compared me to the terrorists that just hit Paris and said I would act the same towards my child!

Is there any place or someone that I can report this person to for this vile attack on my character. 

Thanks in advance, 

~Vi

I don't think the Second Life Terms of Service nor the Community Standards covers being compared to things as being offensive. If you don't feel like a terrorist and have little in common with their activities (typing reviews isn't really very 'terror'), I'm sure your character will recover.

Some people have thin skin and like to lash out. This new knowledge gives you a good motivation to mute those who identify themselves as anti-social and unwilling to resolve disagreements.  You sound like you have very little to feel bad about in the long term. Reactionary merchants do themselves a disservice, and their penalty is often karmic rather than authoritive.

Congrats at getting your refund (these aren't guaranteed), but remember you still have every right to maintain your position.

VioletJean wrote:

.and I have found out he has done the same to others that didnt remove their reviews.

Because it works. When you're a merchant with a brand, fans and a vision it's pretty easy to appear intimidating.

Small economies such as Second Life are especially prone to manipulation like this, as it helps to discourage others from posting honest reviews (which in turn, damages consumer trust for marketplace.secondlife.com). On that basis you'd expect LL to be proactive about preventing this kind of behaviour on their own platform.

It's more productive for the creator to have released an improved version of their product, but cheaper all-around to resort to bullying tactics.

But they aren't. Sorry.

Wow! Said merchant must have set a record for reviews - a quick perusal shows that more that 80% (perhaps higher) of the items have a review attached to them and most are 5 star. Many products, even new ones have muitlple reviews, 4 to 8. I wish I had that kind of feebback... :smileywink:

Tamarsk wrote:

Wow! Said merchant must have set a record for reviews - a quick perusal shows that more that 80% (perhaps higher) of the items have a review attached to them and most are 5 star. Many products, even new ones have muitlple reviews, 4 to 8. I wish I had that kind of feebback... :smileywink:

This stores combined total reviews are still WAY less then several single items reviews in other stores, there's a single item with 2848 reviews

I wonder if full perm items get more reviews because they are often sold to other merchants who under stand the value of a review and may be more likely to leave a review.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.