Can I make my linden home into a shop?

tezzierika

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

No, you may not.  Read the covenant for Linden Homes:

.... You agree that your Linden Home:

• Is for residential use only.  Business use of any kind is prohibited, including parcel rental, rental boxes, classified ads or other forms of advertising, and event listings.
  • Will be kept presentable and in-theme.
  • Does not include traffic tracking.
  • Land cannot contain sky boxes, temporary object rezzers, or individual prims beyond the maximum size allowed by the Second Life Viewer build tools.
  • Like 2

Rolig is correct - you definitely may not turn your Linden home into a shop. What you may do, however, is this:

Abandon your Linden home. Find and purchase a 512sqm parcel on the mainland. The purchase price will be refunded to you, and as long as you do not own a Linden home or any other land, your tier fee will not increase. You may rez (almost) anything you like on this land, as long as it fits within the borders of the land itself. The largest downside - at least in my opinion - is that any building you rez counts against your 117 prim alotment, whereas your Linden home does NOT count against the prims the land holds. 

• Like 2

A couple of additions to Ariel's answer.

First, if you buy land on the Mainland, the purchase price will NOT be refunded to you.  But she is quite correct that if you don't own more than 512 square meters, you won't pay a monthly tier fee to Linden Lab.

Also, make sure you abandon your Linden Home BEFORE you purchase your Mainland parcel.  If you don't, you WILL be charged a monthly tier fee as long as you own both properties...even if you only owned them both for a few minutes during the billing period.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.