How can I get my limit for linden purchase lifted so I can enjoy my sl account?

MRxGQxFUTURISTIKxKG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new here to sl this is my 2nd account last time i try sl was three years ago an I deleted it in a day. So many friends want me to switch over here from imvu to sl. So im trying get started here. Well one issue i have here is i cant buy linden to do all the things I need to do here to get started. Their not much for me to do because I'm new here because how old my account is. Also we have to pay rent to have a room with the limits of 2500 linden for a day its not viturally realistic. When you trying buy ao huds to use for enjoyment not mention skin an clothes an pay rent all them things add up more then 2500. So what am i paying for to sit in a a room for 30 days that i have to pay for with a limit in how much i can put money on my account to even keep a room. When i have tons of money on my imvu account i can sit in room for free on imvu. Everyone say imvu boring but not being able to do nothing here is boring too...  Cant shop..... Cant enter here you to young....... Have pay rent to have a room but wait you can only buy so many lindens.... really user friendly for new people lol.

3 answers to this question

be a little patient, in a few days your limits will be raised enough to spend as much you want.

You could try sending in a request to support, but i doubt that will be faster than a 2 or 3 day wait.

your second day you can already buy for $ 100 ... after 8  $ 300 and after a month $ 1000

but be sure to use the buy option as soon you can because your limit will only start counting after your first purchase.

btw... keep advising and hinting on the other virtual world can lead to removing posts or ban. If it's that better for you, don't spoil the fun for others who dó like SL.

• Like 2

Alwin's quite correct...you limit on buying $L will go up quickly, just give it a few days.  But you have some misconceptions about Second Life that may get you into trouble.  Let me try to explain.

SL does not have "rooms" like IMVU.  A "room" is a bit of virtual reality that's not connected physically to any of the other bits.  A room can appear to be an open area, or the inside of a building.  You get from room to room by teleporting.  In Second Life, we have "land."  It's a closer analog to the real world than IMVU.  Land is arranged in "regions," also called "simulators" or sims for short.  Each region is a grid square on the main Map, 65,536 square meters.  The region may be subdivided into smaller land parcels, just as the land in the real world is divided into little pieces.  People can buy or rent a land parcel, and then build a house to put on it, or buy a ready-made house.  You can walk or fly between parcels, and between adjacent regions.  To get to regions that are far away, or not physically connected, you can teleport.

You don't have to pay money to have fun in SL, although you do have to pay money if you want to buy or rent land.  There are tons of free things...clothes, hair, even vehicles.  Search "freebies" in the SL Marketplace or in world.  I advise you NOT to spend a lot of money, at least for the first week or two, until you learn what things you really need that will be worth paying for.

You say you are young.  If you are under 16, you shouldn't be here at all.  Go back to IMVU and come see us again later.  If you are under 18, you can only go to regions with a General maturity rating.  This is a bit of a handicap, but not much.  There are thousands of General regions in Second Life.

One of the coolest things to do in Second Life is creating things.  You can do this with the in world Build tools (visit the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives for great tutorials on how to use these tools).  You can also create things in programs outside SL, like Blender, and import them for a small fee.  Public "sandbox" areas provide a place to build, without having to buy or rent land of your own.  The only inconvenience is that you can't keep your creations there permanently.  You have to take them off the land and put them back in your inventory, or the land will auto-return them after a few hours.

There are many resources to help you learn about Second Life.  Search (CTRL+F) or Destinations will help you find places, things, and groups that interest you.  I recommend exploring Caledon Oxbridge University or New Resident Help Island to learn much more about your new virtual world.

• Like 2

When I started here in SL, I had a Basic account that cost me nothing at all.  I have never changed to a Premium account, so the account still costs me nothing.  For the first year and a half that I was in SL, I did not rent land anywhere.  I had no need for a house.  I built things in public sand boxes or on group-owned land, where I could do it for free.  Over the years, I have sold my creations in shops that I rented on several regions in SL, but I have not had an in-world shop since 2012. I sell my work entirely through my Marketplace shop (no rent) or on commission to specific clients.  Even today, I rarely need to buy L$ for anything I do in SL.  I earn enough from my creative work in world to take care of normal expenses.  If you are as talented as you say that you are, you can too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.