why is my skin green

Mahjai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Mahjal,

I'll presume you are talking about your SL skin. If that's the only thing that's looking green, it's probably something you're wearing. As Alwin suggests, start taking stuff off until the green goes away. The last thing you removed is the cause. If the green appears to change as you move, you may have a wacky windlight setting, or are wearing an object that's casting a green light. Changing windlight settings or moving to a different sim would solve the former problem, and Alwin's suggestion to remove objects will solve the latter.

If you try these things without success, come back and edit your question (via "Options" over there on the right) to tell us more about the nature of this green and what you've tried to rid yourself of it.

Now, if you're talking about your RL skin, it could be that you're viewing the world through an empty Heineken bottle.

Put it down.

Good luck!

• Like 2

At least one of the starter avatars has green skin...he's a sort of Frankenstein avatar.

He's also a mesh avatar, which means the green skin is a color applied to a whole-body attachment that fits over your regular, classic avatar body.

While you can detach that mesh body, it may be easier for you to just change to a different avatar completely.  Here's how:

• Click the Avatars button...top one, left side of your screen, picture of two people on it.
  • Click a picture in the resulting list.  I recommend using the "Classic" tab and selecting a classic avatar.  They are much easier to edit and modify.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.