Things I don't like about the new forums

Rya Nitely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having to go into settings is a headache trying to figure out what does what in the many lists of options. Most people would probably just settle with default, so -

• By default new posts should bump a thread to the top of the list so that it gets people's attention
  • By default the font size should be bigger (maybe this is personal, not sure how others feel)
  • I have to sign in to post everytime, which is OK if it took me back to the page I was on and not to the homepage where I have to navigate back to where I was.
  • When you are responding to a post there is nothing to indicate which post. People will need to use quotes everytime to make it known.
Everyday I find something new. Is all this is in the complex lists of options? If so it should be defaults.
There are also things I like about it too, but these things are annoying.

I don't mind points 2 and 4, personally (I often click "Reply" on the last post to contribute anyway), but number three is a huge pain for me, too. Gotta start copying the URL into the clipboard before you sign in, or sometimes just to refresh the page after a long pause.

Rya Nitely wrote:

• I have to sign in to post everytime, which is OK if it took me back to the page I was on and not to the homepage where I have to navigate back to where I was.

After you sign in again, just hit the browser's BACK button and you will return to the page you were on .. but signed in. (I know, it's a kludge, but at least it works.)

yeah, the no qoute thingy is strange. It is usually a simply enough deal. I wonder why they don't do that so easily as just hitting reply, and still have reply buttons on the bottom of each post?

Lists are nifty though!

1. I
  2. can
  3. haz
  1. list

oopos, I messed it up :smileyvery-happy:

Wow, what is up with the smilies here -> :mansurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.