Issue with DarkMoon Creations

Alecio Mavendorf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to purchase an item from DarkMoon Creations and it was never received. I have contacted the vendor and have issued reports to ther support site. I have received no response and contacted another person in the vendor group. They rudely responded saying it is my problem and they can not help. I am out over $6200L and do not know what else I can do. I was ejected from the property for no reason other than trying to get the issue solved. I was not rude. Can you help.

Alecio Mavendor

10 answers to this question

Was the purchase made inworld, or on the marketplace?

If it was a marketplace delivery failure, there's an easy solution: Submit a ticket with LL under Marketplace Issues - Failed Marketplace Delivery. They'll resend your item. 

If it was an inworld purchase, you're out of luck. This is considered a resident-to-resident dispute, and falls under "buyer beware." Don't purchase from them again, and spread the word to your friends. Don't spread the word here; it's not allowed. As Alwin said, you should remove the name of the store from your post. 

• Like 2

Hi Alecio

You wrote: "I tried to purchase an item from DarkMoon Creations and it was never received."

Are you quiet sure, that the purchase were completed? Have you checked your dashboard - account to see, if you have actually paid for the item?

• Like 1

Muletta has a very good point.  Check your Transaction History to see if you were actually charged for your attempted purchases.

If you were, copy and paste the transaction details into a notecard and send it to the owner of DarkMoon.  Complaining in the store's group is NOT the way to get results!

DarkMoon has been around for a long time, and they are a reputable merchant.  If you deal with them calmly and politely, I am sure you will get a helpful response.

I have the same issue and sent this message to Darkmoon and his 2 CSR....TWICE.  Still no answer.

Mr. Lilliehook,
This is my second notice to you. I have submitted a ticket through darkmoon creations on 9/23 (ticket #912051) and I have patiently awaited a response.

I attempted to purchase 3 bits and bobs intan ready dances from your store tonight after purchasing the empty intan. I received a notification in open chat as follows:

[19:00] You paid DarkMoon Lilliehook L$337.
[19:00] DMCvend Server B&B Intan v2.5: Sorry, but the product is temporarily out of stock. Please contact the merchant (DarkMoon Lilliehook) who will be able to help you.
[19:01] You paid DarkMoon Lilliehook L$337.
[19:02] DMCvend Server B&B Intan v2.5: Sorry, but the product is temporarily out of stock. Please contact the merchant (DarkMoon Lilliehook) who will be able to help you.
[19:01] You paid DarkMoon Lilliehook L$487.

I never received any of the 3 dances i paid for. Here is the info from my account showing the transactions:

2015-09-23 19:01:58 31e6da6f Destination: DarkMoon Lilliehook
Payment
Region: Hento Nine
Description: Slowdance v7 - INTAN READY L$487 L$2201
2015-09-23 19:01:08 3f5a1a01 Destination: DarkMoon Lilliehook
Payment
Description: Slowdance v4 - INTAN READY L$337 L$2688
2015-09-23 19:00:34 9e6a95f0 Destination: DarkMoon Lilliehook
Payment
Description: Slowdance v3 - INTAN READY L$337

I anxiously await your response,

Brixton Canning

I too have not received the item I purchased in their shop on January 1, 2016 and I have received no refund  and no reply to my support tickets or notecards or IM's so clearly there is a problem at their shop and it should be closed down as it is taking money and not delivering the items purchased .....

It would seem that if this many people are having the same issue with the same place that Linden Labs could get involved.  This is THEFT!  Yes, I have also been the victim of theft by this place.  12,000 lindens. I don't know about anyone else, but I had to put money into my account (REAL MONEY) and to have it stolen like this is unacceptable.  Linden Labs should look into anything that affects this many people.

• Like 1

A year has now passed since this initial question and this is STILL GOING ON.

Darkmoon Creations are ripping people off for probably several hundred USD per month. I was taken on Dec 29th, 2015. After completing every Customer Service action in cluding creating a ticket on the DMC website contacting all identified Customer Service personnel, no response. I reported the FRAUD to Linden Labs and had no response.

I KNOW FOR A FACT, that the owner logs on about once a week and they know there is an issue. After being banned, I created an alt to try to raise awareness of the problems. That alt gets several IM's a month mistaking it for the owner. They are all from people getting screwed over. One customer lost over $120USD in a single transaction.

If  Linden Labs won't act, it may be about time to talk to the FBI about RL internet Fraud.

I was ripped off by this seller too and they gave me the run around and blammed the SL marketplace. When a Linden Labs rep had confirmed  that no item was ever sent or delievered and that the fault was at the responsibility of the seller who tried to pin the blame on SL. The truth is this seller is offering items they don't actually have and no one is receiving the items their purchasing. This has been going on for quite sometime because of the way peopel that run scams using Secondlife and Secondlifes Terms of Service makes it easy for them to get away with when you can't even mention the name or place that's running the scam. From the volume of complaints I've seen I beleive they have stolen thousands of dollars in real world money through thier fraudulent business. I'm sure at one time they were legit but that reputation ended the moment they started knowledgably ripping people off and given them nothing in return and not even so much as a refund when they were aware that no such product had ever been sent or delivered. Can you call them crooks when endless people have been complaining about them? Of course you can. As of now their SL Marketplace store is defunct and I say good riddance. I can only hope they're actually facing real legal trouble for all the money they've stolen from people using Secondlife as a scam.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.