Copybots and scammers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please reply to this thread if you can answer the following questions evidenced from your own experience.

Where are copybotted items likely to turn up? links to sites outside SL would be welcome.

What can users do to make the scammers lives as miserable as possible? I am think here of ways to lure them in and consume as much of their time and other resources as we can.

Please don't reply to this thread if you have already been kind enough to reply to my earlier thread  -What can users do about copybots?

again... get rid of the idea of copybots ...

You have no proof at all it was botted, in contrary, a bot will leave as less traces as possible to keep undedected.

And you can do nothing against it., Nearly everything can be copied, except scripts, and the rigged part of mesh.

If you know how to use google you will find hundreds of links with info about real copybot.

where do copybotted items show up? not that difficult to guess ... not only in SL there are several copies of SL online.

Only the ones who have the same base can use sl items. But most won't allow use of it.

Only when you hve the rights on a object it will be subject to action when you file a DMCA, if you only are sidely involved nothing will happen.

September 2007. Orientation Island Public temple

them: hi
me: hi, need any help?
them: i was told that you can copy anything you want inworld
me: you got told wrong
them: thats not what I heard
me: you heard wrong
them: is it possible to do what they say?
me: whos they?
them: you know
me: no i dont
them: k. is it possible to copy anything inworld?
me: yes
them: can you prove that
me: yes
them: go on then
me: no
them: i give you $US100 if you show me
me: go away
them: 200
me: go away
them: you dont know nothing
me: i can orbit you if you like ??
them: it no rez and no script here
me: so
them: go on then.  I like to see that
them after they relog: can i get that off you
me: no

(:

so that was a actual experience

+

about your own issue

you never got copybotted

you never got scammed

the sim borked and ate your stuff that was out

only a sim rollback can restore it

Chance Acoustic wrote:

Please reply to this thread if you can answer the following questions evidenced from your own experience.

Where are copybotted items likely to turn up?

In SL or one of its Clones.  Seriously, the quality of the content in SL is so poor it would be virtually worthless any where else.

Chance Acoustic wrote:

links to sites outside SL would be welcome.

Posting that kind of information here would probably get this thread deleted.  (See the CG and the TOS).

Chance Acoustic wrote:

What can users do to make the scammers lives as miserable as possible? I am think here of ways to lure them in and consume as much of their time and other resources as we can.

Could try doing something like Ebola Monkey Man.  But first you got to know who the perps are.  ;)

Chance Acoustic wrote:

Please don't reply to this thread if you have already been kind enough to reply to my earlier thread  -

And if I refuse?  :)

Really, I think irihapeti  summed things up quite well.

I have had my whole 4 sim store copied and distributed full perm many times. On other grids people have opened multi-sim stores filled with my products. Houses have been given out by store owners as hunt gifts or sold on the MP in SL. 

The only reason I am still in business is that there remain enough good honest people in SL to keep me in business. God bless them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.