Vintage musicians

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there specific genres you are looking for?  There are several who play old Delta Blues (Arman Finesmith, BigJim Allerhand, DanLange Diavalo) but I am thinking with your involvement with the Berlin Sim that is not what you are looking for. 

I do think Harry Frychester does some old Big Band / Swing and he has an excellent voice.  Winter Kantos is an excellent pianist who does a lot of Tangos and some older music.  They may be able to tailer a show to your desires.

You may want to browse through this thread from last August.  There are a ton of musicians listed. "Favorite Acts In The Second Life Music Scene"  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-and-Arts/Favorite-Acts-in-the-Second-Life-Live-Music-Scene/m-p/336102/highlight/true#M420

You might also pose your question In World in one of the "Live Music Enthusiasts" groups.  I know you'd have to at least temporarily join the groups but that could be another resource for you.  I just can't think of anyone else off of the top of my head right now.

Hope this all helps you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes! One of the most genuinely talented live performers of ANY kind in SL happens to be someone who plays pre-1950s music:  Arman Finesmith.  His genre is the 1920s, 1930s, and +/- a decade or so in either direction. Think Bessie Smith, Robert Johnson, Cab Calloway, Mills Brothers, etc.  Not only is he a consummate player, he's also a veritable encyclopedia of knowledge about performers from this era and often interjects fascinating tidbits between songs. I've been in SL long enough to have seen hundreds of performers, only a handful of whom stand out as true exceptional talents that I'd go out of my way to see inworld OR out.  This gentleman handily fits that bill.  Plays some cozy little venues, too - check him out sometime!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.