a bigger linden home

Draco Khaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

are you able to move from one linden home to another that would be bigger then the one you already have? I am a premium member and would like to have a bigger linden home where the rooms are seperated with walls and doors my loft is nice but would like my bedroom to be a seperate room from the rest of the rooms in the house so its more private. if it is possible please let me know how to do it?

4 answers to this question

When you select a linden home, you can preview what each home looks like. Some are a tiny bit bigger, but as far as I know none of them has a very complex aritecture inside. So there might be one with one seperate room...but that will be all you can get. Of course you can abond your current Linden Home and chose a new one.

• Like 1

There are a few styles available, but they all run about the same size.  You can abandon your home, and choose a different style if you'd like, up to five times a day, but you won't find a bigger one or one in the style you want.

Linden Homes are only low prim basic housing on the smallest of lots.  The idea behind them was to allow new people to experience having a home.  The thinking was they would eventually move out to the main land for larger lots and bigger more luxurious homes.

I'm afraid if you are unwilling to pay tiers and want free housing, you are stuck with the small and basic houses that are offered.

• Like 1

You can always create a new wall if you want, too. You cannot alter the basic structure of the Linden Home by removing part of it, or moving parts around, but you can do quite a lot by adding elements. Just rez a prim, stretch it, texture it and drag it into place.  Voila!  >>> A wall.

And, of course, you can always abandon your Linden Home, buy a 512 sq m parcel anywhere on the Mainland, and build a house in any style you wish.  As long as it fits the parcel and doesn't overload your L.I. allowance there, you can have as many walls as you like.  And your Premium land fee waiver will apply to that parcel the same way that it currently applies to your Linden Home parcel.

• Like 1

The Tardis Line and Style homes from Time Lords Inc with 10 times the internal sq meters were looked at but eventually Linden Research decided not to implement these after the [rumoured disastrous] beta test. 

The gossip was that the extra sq meter internal dimensional size allocation was pulling space and prims from other parts of the Grid in an unpredictable manner.

To this day some of the worst effects of the failed beta test are still being felt. One of the manifestations of this seems to occasionally pop up when an avatar is teleporting about and they arrive wearing all of their inventory, especially furniture.

Sometimes the answer is bigger is not better.

:P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.