Sign in to follow this  
Khalhys Ahren

Why is Second Life abruptly aborting login?

Question

try relogging at another place, or if it still happens:

shut down machine, restart router/modem, restart it after 10 secs waiting, let it start, when it's connected again restart your machine and try again

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

try relogging at another place, or if it still happens:

shut down machine, restart router/modem, restart it after 10 secs waiting, let it start, when it's connected again restart your machine and try again

• Like 1

There are about 33,000 people in world at the moment, which is pretty normal at this time of day.  It doesn't look like there's much of a grid-wide login problem.  It's much more likely that you have a local problem with your Internet connection.  It may be fine for web browsing, e-mail, watching YouTube videos and even playiong some other on-line games, but not for SL.  Bandwidth is rarely a problem, but reliability is.  SL gets very impatient if your signal is irregular or if you are losing some packets of information along the way.  That's why Alwin is suggesting that you should start by rebooting your router and modem.  You'll find other suggestions for troubleshooting your connection at http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I had been logged out of SL twice today in under 30 mins so I contacted premium support on my other avie. The rep told me she also was logged off and assured me it must be connectivity issues on SL's end. she made a report to the engineers.