blocking SPAM Conference chats

Navy1 Coba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems the latest trend in spam is "conference chat". The usual loan me $xxxL for my mothers life saving surgery or whatever. Those of you using Firestorm can now block "conference chat" in your preferences by 1) loading preferences 2) chat tab, 3) chat windows 4) near the bottom check "automatically and ignore and leave all conference chats". I would suggest you also check the NEXT one "report ignored conference chats in nearby chat" so if your FRIENDS try, you know. This will eliminate the new trend of "conference chat spam".

I am sure the SL viewer has a similar option.

BEWARE, this will block ALL CONFERENCE CHAT. This is why I suggest you use the 2nd box to let you know if someone tries that is a friend of yours.

• Like 3

• 6 years later...
19 minutes ago, Otoa Kiyori said:

Thank you for this.  I just saw a spam storm... 

Was it really necessary to resurrect a 6-year-old thread for information that has been on the FS wiki for the 6 years? No, it wasn't.

• Automatically ignore and leave all conference (ad-hoc) chats: Shuts down any conference chats in which you are included.
    • Report ignored conference chats in nearby chat: Informs you that a conference chat was ignored.
      The name of the person is shown, and may be clicked in nearby chat to bring up their profile.
    • Don't ignore conference chats invitations from my friends: overrides the automatically ignore settings for conferences started by those on your friends list.

preferences_chat_tab [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.