Wanting to make jewelry & Clothes

RoyaleInk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I really am wanting to make some jewelry and clothes because i am extremely picky with clothing. I am very familiar with creating this stuff on IMVU but have no clue how to do it here.. Are there any good tutorials? ( I am using GIMP)!

2 answers to this question

To make good-looking jewelry or clothing, you need a fair amount of artistic talent, a lot of patience, and access to designing software. Most of the heavy lifting in clothing and jewelry design is done outside of SL and then imported. For 3D modeling, you'll want either Blender (which is free) or one of the professional suites like Maya (which are definitely not). Anything you create will need to be textured, for which you will need GIMP (which is free) or Photoshop (which is definitely not, but is superior). You can make some components in world with basic prims and the tools in the build menu in your viewer. You'll find hundreds (thousands?) of tutorials on line with Google, or you can take a shortcut by looking in the SL wiki ( HTTP://wiki.secondlife.com ). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.