Dear Linden Lab

KennyChidorie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You have no right to accuse me of violating copyright. And other similar acts, because:

1. I use my OWN textures.

2. I use items, purchased from the creators.

3. I use fullperm textures or collaboration with other creators.

Pay attention at avatars from other games, it's more important then absurd accusation.

First, then try to remove anything of my items from marketplace TELL ABOUT IT TO ME!

I think your accusations are not honored and absurd.

Rolig Loon.

My items do not violate intellectual property and other rules. It reason why i said about absurd.

Before you push the false accusation - start to be responsible for stolen content from other games. Many stores at marketplace have really stolen content, what really violates intellectual property rights.

And if one newbie person flagged my item, it not reason for charges.

4 answers to this question

Dear KennyChldorie --

Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answers site.  We are all SL residents like you.  Lindens will never read your rant, and we can't do a thing about it.  If someone has sent Linden Lab a valid DMCA claim, they have no choice under U.S. federal law.  They are required to remove the disputed material.  If you want to submit a counter claim, you may, under the law.  See http://secondlife.com/corporate/dmca.php and http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Intellectual_Property

• Like 4

KennyChidorie wrote:

[ .... ]

Rolig Loon.

My items do not violate intellectual property and other rules. It reason why i said about absurd.

Before you push the false accusation - start to be responsible for stolen content from other games. Many stores at marketplace have really stolen content,
what really violates intellectual property rights.

And if one newbie person flagged my item, it not reason for charges.

Again, there's nothing that anyone of us -- all SL residents like you -- can do about it, and Lindens will never see your post here.  I can understand that you are upset, but you are wasting valuable energy yelling here.  All we can do is refer you to the Linden Lab policy statements.  You can submit a support case or follow the procedure described in the DMCA law if that's the issue.

• Like 3

Kenny,

Yelling at the Tree [professing your innocence of the DCMA Violation that Linden Lab had to follow per the laws in the US and California] is fruitless. At best it allows you to vent. At worst is provides the tree with a bit of wind.

Your issue is with the DCMA law and it's bias towards the persons filing the original violation complaint.

Here is a link to a good starting place for you to read:

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/responding-dmca-takedown-notice-targeting-your-content

Good Luck!

P.S. It is not Linden Lab's job to painstakingly check every component of each marketplace merchant's inventory for sale. Linden Lab provides a Marketplace to sell SL Member Created Content. It IS Linden Lab's job to act on legal notifications from various legal organizations that protect the Intellectual Property Rights of content and media creators.

Be an outstanding  content and media creator by using the same said laws that also protect you.

BTW: Your premise [ And if one newbie person flagged my item, it not reason for charges. ] is baseless. The original creator has to file the DCMA Complaint with the proper agencies that issue the take-down notices. In turn, that agency issued the compliance order to Linden Lab to take-down the offending content.

Further, if you make your own textures and duplicate a copyrighted service mark or logo you may be in violation of the original creators IP protections. If you purchase content from the creator and then resell it in your creation, you may be in violation of the original creators IP protections. Check carefully to see what content you may not have received full legal permission to resell. Full-perm textures do not by this SL Object Permission grant you the legal permission to use then resell.

• Like 2

Nobody is accusing you falsely except the person who filed a DMCA notice against you.

Under the law, Linden Lab has no choice but to remove the items alleged to be infringing copyright.

However, you have the option to issue a counterclaim, as Rolig has advised you.  You are required to give your Real Life contact details in this counterclaim, and they will be available to your accuser.  This sucks, but again, it's the way the law works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.