SLGone - What does this mean to LL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Vivienne Schell wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

BTW, you can't take your inventory with you to the open sim grids you named. So that eliminates them if inventory were so important to someone

Oh, really?

:manlol:

You can legally export items that you've created. You can also export items when the creator of the items has given permission to export to a particular grid. For most people the effective result is not being able to take their inventory with them.

Vivienne Schell wrote:

Inventory is THE essential survival kit for Second life.

I would disagree that the essential is the inventory - for me it is the content (the environment as well as items) created by the inhabitants of SL.  Not just the existence of, but also how easy is it to locate.  The variety and ease of finding content in SL just doesn't exist in any of the other grids (open sims or Inworldz).  

I also have not seen anything that allows me to run either Inworldz or open sims on a tablet or smartphone, or older PC/laptop.      

I have an Inworldz account and an account in one of the hyper-grid enabled open sim grids, and still I find myself spending probably 90% of my time in SL.   

Probably 99% of my SL inventory is purchased, or is full-perm has terms and conditions about not taking it to other grids, so I have not even considered moving inventory items to other existing grids, even if it were to be somehow technically possible, I don't think it would be legal (or ethical).   

Just throwing my two cents into the mix, but I actually liked SLGo for the convience that I could do my work on Second Life without having to carry my bulky, underpowered laptop. I could use the OTG support of my tablet to plug in a keyboard (which was part of the case) and I was able to effectively do even scripting work remotely with no issue. Heck, SLGo ran GREAT on my JXD S3400B since I was able to map the controls to the two analog sticks, mimicking the flight camera controls when I use it from time to time.

To me, this is a real pain since my PC can handle SL just fine... but my laptop can barely keep up, and 'gaming' laptops are very pricy and are just inefficient in general. Back before my JXD came in, I was using a $50 Nobis NB09 tablet. The fact a cheap android tablet could run SLGo was a big deal and really made me continue using the service. The lack of SLGo won't exactly hinder my normal experiences, but it does ruin some future plans I had (For example, using SLGo as a 'controlled' benchmark for a typical SL Experience and wondering SL while traveling).

I hope that LL can find another provider, since honestly SLGo was apperently good enough to offer In-World purchases, which was implented not too long ago if I recall.

One question that I have is did LL even know of the sale? 4 pm thursday and everyone is trying to head out the door for a long weekend. From what I have seen there has not been anything said by LL on what happened to onlive. Maybe they knew maybe not. Maybe they knew about and needed to wait before announcing a new streaming service.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.