Escapades Island formally know as Goony Island

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here i have a small documentary about Escapades island. An island that wants nothing more than people to have a good time... and pay the high priced tier. :-p

The place used to be known as Goony Island and before that Loki island. Over the years it has grown and grown until hit by price hikes and sim restrictions. Now it has developed into a full SIM region so that more newer ideas for fun can be created.

Even though predominantly child avatar inhabited, it's a place where anyone can have an adventure and explore. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Escapades/123/163/24/

• Lindens

I hearted The Goonies which inspired you, I also played the heck out of the NES game. That 80s adventure vibe will live with me forever!

On a related note for you, Loki, I really enjoyed visiting The John King Experience — being dropped down those levels into a storm was quite the immersive storytelling! And how the big illustrations would fade in and out as the story's being told. I actually found out about it when browsing the Destination Guide. Which, to everyone reading this, if you want a cool place you've made/own considered for inclusion, submit it!

For the most part yes, but it would not have been possible if it were not for the rest of the Gang, so it's their island too. With out their support Goony island would have gone the way of 'Numbakulla' ages ago.

It is also my favourite destination and i love talking about it. :smileyvery-happy:

Hello :-) First, i do have a place on Escapades, which i like because i made it!  Having said that, as a whole, the Island is one of my favorite places in sl because there is such variety, each person doing their own thing while remaining part of the whole.

There are events organised by different residents, regular adventures, ongoing story-lines and adventures, Quests you can do yourself and lots of interesting things to do alone or with friends.

It is also a changing environment, as people try different things, redesign builds, test things out and generally have fun.  Over Christmas there was a Christmas Troll to visit, organised (or disorganised) snowball fights, and a toboggan building competition, which resulted in a temporary toboggan slope being built.  This reaction and involvement is making things and the willingness to help each other out makes it a wonderful place to live or visit.

Sometimes i am charging across the landscape chasing, or being chased, by monsters, other times i am sitting and just listening to music with friends, it's one of the most relaxing places i have found in sl - you can join in or sit and watch, no one excluded, nor pushed into doing things they don't want to.

Truly, a favorite place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.