Can I find friends I deleted?

Larissa Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Maybe.  It all depends on whether you have been saving IM logs and what you have been doing each time Linden Lab has asked you to accept a viewer update.  Open your computer's AppData folder and look for SecondLife >>> Roaming >>> Larissa Melodie .  If you have been saving IM logs, you should find a set of subfolders in it with the name of each person you have ever had an IM conversation with.  (If you have been saving chat logs, there is also a subfolder labeled "chat" that you can dig through for names, if you have loads of patience.)  The big problem is that all of those folders are wiped out each time you update the viewer, unless you have saved them deliberately before installing the update.  If the folders are missing, you are out of luck.

• Like 2

Hi Larissa,

If you've enabled chat logging (that may be the default, I can't remember) and haven't done a clean install of your viewer recently (which would erase those chat logs), you should have a folder on your PC containing IM logs named after everyone you've IM'ed. I don't know where you'd find that on a PC, but on a Mac it would be here...

Library->Application Support->SecondLife->larrissa_melodie

To get to the Library folder, hold down the Option key while dragging down on the Finder's "Go" menu.

There's a similar pathway on PCs, but a Windows user will have to pop in and describe it.

ETA: And there she is! Rolig's got the Windows PC answer.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.