Shoes showing up at ankle level

Catrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started playing last year, then stopped for about 6 months.  I just came back and now I'm having an issue with my shoes, on my saved outfits.  At least half of them are showing up at the ankle level, with my foot below the bottom of the shoes.

I've removed the shoes and tried putting others on, or even the same shoes, and every one of them is hitting there. I make sure to put the base on and they still do it.   I have some outfits that aren't affected by this.  It's the same mesh skin, on all of them, so I'm not exactly sure what is going on.  

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.  

Catrie wrote:

I started playing last year, then stopped for about 6 months.  I just came back and now I'm having an issue with my shoes, on my saved outfits.  At least half of them are showing up at the ankle level, with my foot below the bottom of the shoes.

I've removed the shoes and tried putting others on, or even the same shoes, and every one of them is hitting there. I make sure to put the base on and they still do it.   I have some outfits that aren't affected by this.  It's the same mesh skin, on all of them, so I'm not exactly sure what is going on.  

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.  

Not sure what you mean with 'mesh skin' as there is no such thing, but I am guessing you are not wearing the alpha-layer that comes with shoes.

Then again, guessing here...are you wearing SLink shoes and feet? Or SLink shoes without the feet? Or GOS shoes? All of those need alpha layers and the right feet, except GOS that only needs alphalayers.

A bit more information on the brand of shoes would help!

Sorry,  I didn't mean mesh.  I meant I'm not using the base skin.  No,, I don't have any of the Slink stuff.  a lot of the shoes I have don't have an Alpha layer.  They have a base and then the right and left object that is the shoe.   Guess this gives me an excuse to go shoe shopping. :)  

Since there is no alpha they must be using invisiprims.  You should know that even if you turn off advanced lighting that people that are using it are going to see your ugly avatar feet sticking out of your shoes no matter what you do.

If your shoes are mod you can remove the invisiprim and use an alpha instead.  Free shoe alphas are available in the marketplace that will fit a variety of shoes.  If you do this no one will see you feet sticking out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.