Is there a way to download all your avatar's dimensions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way to download all your avatar's dimensions? I have a shape I like, but I can't edit it, so I'm trying to find out all the dimensions to use on another shape. Is this not possible? I don't want my face to change, but my butt is too big for mesh clothes. Thx

I appreciate the replies, but I can't edit this shape, so I can't record the numbers in the edit shape window. I'm looking for some command that will help me get to those numbers. I'm thinking it's not possible.

5 answers to this question

Hi Suzanne,

It's been years since I worked on my shape, but I created it by hand copying all the settings from a SL library shape. There is no automated way to do this. I entered all the settings into a spreadsheet, then created a new shape and typed all the settings back into that. It's tedious, but doable.

Have fun!

;-).

• Like 2

Nope!  If your shape is No Modify, you can't read the sliders, and you're out of luck.  This is a theft protection feature of Second Life.

The only way I can think of to get close is to create an alt, another account.  Log both accounts in.  Use the one with the No Mod shape as a guide to create a similar shape on the other avatar.  Then save it, and send a copy of the new shape to your main account.

Wear it in place of the No Mod shape.

Thanks! I figured that was the case. I'm not trying to steal anything...just want to keep this shape and be able to wear mesh clothes, which usually don't fit well. I wrote to the original creator from 2008, who appears to still be around, so maybe she can help. Thanks for confirming and the suggestion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.