why is it always dark ??

irihapeti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This makes sense to me that a sun position over-ride should not stick.

A windlight setting should stick, but stopping the clock on the lighting should not. Its not the 'norm' to expect lighting to be a constant time of day - and a new user would get confused if they had over-rode it and then it never went back to normal, "as it is in all [actually just most of] the other MMOs".

irihapeti wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

LL doesn't even know why they changed the original default to something else, how are new residents supposed to know? The change wasn't necessary, in the least, so I'm not sure exactly who they are accommodating by making it, or who will benefit that is.

They changed it because someone asked for it, probably some time ago:

Feature Request - Sun position override should not persist across logins"

yes. Is not accessible to public that maint request. So dunno what arguments moved LL to act on it

is still a persistent setting in the official viewer release 3.7.25 Feb 15 that is downloaded from the main webpage by default

has been changed in the 3.7.26 Mar 15 Maintenance viewer which is in the release channel

+

i think I might put in a Feature Request to have the other quick menu options made temporary as well. Like Hide Banlines, Show Parcel Boundaries, Properties, etc

that way will be better. Like we can change them all back to our own settings each time we log in. Will be way better this. Is terrible how red boundary lines mess up the view that I made for you my awesome visitor. And Hiding banlines that I made for you. You should have to see them everytime you log in, then can them off turn off each time you login. bc is awesome

+

and them LMs on your nav bar. They should be temporary as well even. Like dunno what is the point of them not being temporary to each login. I mean like they persist in Places window anyways. So pfft to that as well

+

dunno why anyone would care if we did this. Is not like e.v.e.r.y.b.o.d.y would even notice or care even

I didn't realize the change was only in new maintenance viewer - upon testing that viewer it turns out that they also made the Environment Settings toggle temporary.

SO....

I created a JIRA to tell them about it and to ask for behavior change in this viewer before it becomes the default viewer..

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8739

In other words, I told people who could actually do something about it.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

LL doesn't even know why they changed the original default to something else, how are new residents supposed to know? The change wasn't necessary, in the least, so I'm not sure exactly who they are accommodating by making it, or who will benefit that is.

They changed it because someone asked for it, probably some time ago:

Feature Request - Sun position override should not persist across logins"

yes. Is not accessible to public that maint request. So dunno what arguments moved LL to act on it

is still a persistent setting in the official viewer release 3.7.25 Feb 15 that is downloaded from the main webpage by default

has been changed in the 3.7.26 Mar 15 Maintenance viewer which is in the release channel

+

i think I might put in a Feature Request to have the other quick menu options made temporary as well. Like Hide Banlines, Show Parcel Boundaries, Properties, etc

that way will be better. Like we can change them all back to our own settings each time we log in. Will be way better this. Is terrible how red boundary lines mess up the view that I made for you my awesome visitor. And Hiding banlines that I made for you. You should have to see them everytime you log in, then can them off turn off each time you login. bc is awesome

+

and them LMs on your nav bar. They should be temporary as well even. Like dunno what is the point of them not being temporary to each login. I mean like they persist in Places window anyways. So pfft to that as well

+

dunno why anyone would care if we did this. Is not like e.v.e.r.y.b.o.d.y would even notice or care even

I didn't realize the change was only in new maintenance viewer - upon testing that viewer it turns out that they also made the Environment Settings toggle temporary.

SO....

I created a JIRA to tell them about it and to ask for behavior change in this viewer before it becomes the default viewer..

In other words,
I told people who could actually do something about it.

well done (:

they hopefully will listen to you. Nobody ever listens to me. Mostly bc I am a unmollifiable ranter. jejeje (: Also I get told off on there about 3 times before. I chat to much apparently. They kinda much prefer if people only use 1 word to explain what they mean. Instead of like 10 for 1 which is my usual (:

+

am pretty sure was me that made LL turn off the public access to JIRA back in the day. Well not just me. People like me. yap yap yap yap! ( !!! BE QUIET !!!! ) wut?!? yap yap yap yap! oh! you mean me ??! really.oh! I thought you was meaning them other people. you mean me!! waaah!!!  why??? yap yap yap yap !!! lets chat about how come you picking on me now. I never done nothing to you. yap yap ! Can mutt me if you dont like it. yap yap yap yap !!! !! yap

jejejje (:

irihapeti wrote:

+

Personally I find it very handy that they are NOT temp as I put landmarks there for places I frequent a few times a week.  I don't have to dig through a list in places or in my inventory for them.  Also, if you have the LM on your Nav bar, you can log into those places by chosing them from a drop down list (at least in Firestorm and other TPVs),  Its handy to be able to do that.  Sometimes I need to log directly into my office as opposed to home or the last location.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

+

Personally I find it very handy that they are NOT temp as I put landmarks there for places I frequent a few times a week.  I don't have to dig through a list in places or in my inventory for them.  Also, if you have the LM on your Nav bar, you can log into those places by chosing them from a drop down list (at least in Firestorm and other TPVs),  Its handy to be able to do that.  Sometimes I need to log directly into my office as opposed to home or the last location.

yes agree. I was having a bit of a mental (:

is the same in the LL official viewer on the login. I use the nav bar for LMs as well. If LL made that temp just bc "ll logicals awesome" I would go even more mental at them. if that was possible. Which it is (:

irihapeti wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

In other words,
I told people who could actually do something about it.

well done (:

they hopefully will listen to you.

Well...

Resolution: Expected behaviour

Grumpity Linden added a comment - 16/Mar/15 2:41 PM:

"This behavior change is intentional. Second Life is a shared experience, and we want to default to that where possible. thanks!"

(Psstt... And the next, secret step at the moment, will be - because Second Life is a shared experience - that users will be forced to use parcel/region Windlight settings always. No way to override it.)

:smileytongue:

Coby Foden wrote:

(Psstt... And the next, secret step at the moment, will be -
because Second Life is a shared experience
- that users will be forced to use parcel/region Windlight settings always. No way to override it.)

:smileytongue:

jejejeje (:

Return of the Bodylight Snatchers coming to a SL near you

ALM body lights simwide to brighten up your day. As many as you want !!! 

So share. woo

(:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.