What is machinima?

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't know what you are on about. your Hippiestock machinima is on the first page of the thread "My recent Machinamas".

So all your machinima postings have not been removed.

Perhaps if you added some technical information to go along with this one you keep posting over and over and over ....to actually provide some help to newcomers to this it might be more well received.

*Edited for harassment*

• Like 2

What's machinima? The Academy of Machinima Arts and Sciences defined machinima as "filmmaking within a real-time, 3D virtual environment, often using 3D video-game technologies". Machinima, short for "machine cinema" or "machine animation", is a cost-effective alternative to pricey video production. Machinima has a rich tradition in SecondLife, where creators use the 3D modding tools to make dramas, music videos and historical simulations.

• Like 1

It doesn't seem as some of the most prolific machinima producers have arrived here yet. Certainly there are some much loved contributors present.

The most likely scenario is that yes, *someone is using the reporting functions for their own entertainment and vindictive stalking. Theoretically the new software will arm the labs with the tools to end us of these pests once and for all. Lets hope so.

I think machinima must have a genuine storyline and actors rather than just be raw video of an event such as my trial ads. They are just short videos. They look good and you can sneak them into machinima conversations, although given the activities of reporting abusers it wouldn't surprise me if mine has been moved as well.  

Asil Ares wrote:

What's machinima? The Academy of Machinima Arts and Sciences defined machinima as
"filmmaking within a real-time, 3D virtual environment, often using 3D video-game technologies"
. Machinima, short for "machine cinema" or "machine animation", is a cost-effective alternative to pricey video production. Machinima has a rich tradition in SecondLife, where creators use the 3D modding tools to make dramas, music videos and historical simulations.

Thank you. My interpretation of this is that the videos I posted were indeed machinima.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.