Why doesn't my shop Animations Roleplay Shop show up in search INWORLD OR SL home page? I pay for it

heatherr Noel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why doesn't my shop Animations Roleplay Shop show up in search INWORLD OR SL home page? I pay for it weekly.

My shop has been around 3 years and can be found NOWHERE when you type in the EXACT name of it in SL's home page "Search" (box up top of home page)   EVERYTHING with the words "animations" or "roleplay" comes up EXCEPT my shop.

When someone types in the exact name of a place it should be the FIRST one shown! especially when paying to have shop listed in "search"

Go to google and type in Animations Roleplay Shop, only thing that shows up are Facebook and Twitter link! 

GRRR

5 answers to this question

There are 2 reasons that I can see right away.

First off its only coming up in places if you have Mature rating selected - Because the word "Gor" is in the description.

The other, more significant, reason it won`t show in ALL search is because your description would be regarded as SPAM.

You need to get rid off all the extra uses of the words "FREE" and "Animations".

After you edit it, you will need to wait until tomorrow to see if its made a difference, but changing those 2 things will definately improve it.

In the about land for the Shop is the Show in Search and I know you can pick the Category. Then the Shop's group can be Shown in Search, or a sub-group for the Inworld shop only. A classified add or several can be placed listing the shop location. An Event Ad can be placed with the shop location set. You can Twitter the Shop's SLurl if that's allowed.

I think all of these Factors effect your rankings an increase the probability of your Shop information being displayed first in Search.

Using Shop names with as few characters or words as possible can also help.  

Obviously the word Gorean has the same effect as Gor...I didn`t notice you had both there at first.

I had a building classed as a Adult by LL on the Marketplace, when I inquired I was told that having Gorean as a keyword was the reason...When I removed that it went back to a PG rating. :)

Search is broken, that is the bottom line, and until LL does something significant about it, It will stay broken. I have not been in search for animations since this GSA6 was rolled out. Before GSA6, you could not do a search for animation without seeing me on the first page.

Drop the GSA6, LL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.