Any good ideas on how to make feet alpha textures?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to make some alpha layers for my feet (so that they become invisible and I can remove the invisiprims from my shoes) and it looks like the textures on the feet are a nightmare when the feet are stretched out for platforms and high heels.  I'm currently using photoshop and taking pictures of my feet in-world with this template of colored lines that I made. Any programs out there that can make this easier? Any tips on how to do this better?

foot alpha.png

• Like 1

Wakizashi Yoshikawa wrote:

You can get them from one of previous posts

(sorry for beating dead horse here, I havent noticed that link already been posted...)

oo didn't realize that LL had buried the links for templates so deep.... if you're an adventurer you can find them from forums/blogs/answers by clicking the help link, and going to crating --> creating clothes and tatoos, then goto the wiki page link. from the main site you click on the help link menu iteself (and NOT one of the drop down items) and do the same....

or just go here

ETA:
for Chips Templates, goto the link that says "Clothing & Skin Templates - By Chip Midnight", hosted by Ann OToole, which are the higher resolution ones with increased detail

Robins are in there as well as the original LL provided ones and several good tutorials.

Thanks all! I rummaged around my inventory and what did I see? Chip's lower body template already uploaded! I have made several invisible foot alphas previously but it's the toe area and the heel area that get very difficult to draw when you stretch the polygons. The template helps a little bit. No wonder everyone makes boots!

chip midnight foot.png

• 4 years later...

Hi I just just tried this in Gimp 2.08 to produce the file below. When I upload this file in Firestorm Beta to the Beta Grid it imports as a graphic image not an Alpha can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please? The image has a transparant transparancy is 512x512 and imported into Firestorm x64 as a .tga file format.SL Avatar Bottom VSmart - shoes alpha.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.