Trains?

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, hang around here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wengen/83/205/92 as one such location, the trains come along pretty regularly. 

I've travelled on quite a few trains or other vehicles, it's quite a fun way to pass the time while chatting with someone when you don't feel like doing anything else.

The other thing you might enjoy is to pop to Bay City group of sims and find and ride the water trolleys

watertrolley.jpg

Yes!  Our Highlands of Scotland sims of Inverness and Urquhart.  As the introduction of the steam railways in the rl Highlands of Scotland were a very important part of opening up the Highlands to holidaymakers in the 19th century, I made sure we had our very own SL Highlands Railway, and had a lot of fun building it.

The journey takes you around both sims and along the banks of Loch Ness.

Brody Castle Railway Station

Urquhart

Urquhart 2

Brody Castle Station

Well, Purple is kind of complicated, inasmuch as the trains there are not SLRR, but rather GSLR, and only run on a short private branch through a few regions of Sansara, the old continent.

On the other hand, that ferry from Purple goes through the ANWR strait to the Atoll continent ("Heterocera") which is where the SLRR runs in a long arc around the atoll and several branches. At several sites along that SLRR track, I've rezzed a traffic map that shows (reasonably) real time train locations.

One such map site is the VRC headquarters in Tuliptree, which has a lot of other information about trains in SL, including traffic maps for the ONSR (in the Sansara snowlands) and Bay City / Nova Albion (trolleys, airships, and ferries).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.