CATCHING SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to post this before the old forum went offline but never got to it. I was shopping recently and bought something that I really liked so I went back to get another.  I opened the LM and it tp'd me to the exact spot of the item I bought.  I looked at my other landmarks from there closer and found that this merchant had included the exact LM for each object in their store. This clearly took a lot of work and something I have never seen a merchant do but wow, what are great service and clearly shows how conscience this merchant is.

I don't include Landmarks in most of my stuff except what I sell on the marketplace but when I have time, I'm going to update those but OMG, so much work. Nonetheless, I feel my customers deserve that.

I was wondering who has seen other cool ideas where a merchant really did something great that was customer centric.  Nothing gets me more excited than great ideas that make the SL buying experience better (ok, there are things that get me more extited but this is way cool).

*edited for harassment*

Yes this is great in a big store although useless for me at my place because I always move my stuff about to keep it fresh so not enough hours in the day for me.I also seem to remember a feature of search that pinpointed the stuff in a store and you could TP directley.Only good of course if the central landing point was switched off.

I thought it was really cool when TRU added the search kiosks in the centre of their store, it meant you could search through tens of thousands of textures from one spot. Then they set up the website which made searching even faster, you could find a texture pack on the website then get a direct SLURL to the relevant texture pack in-world. 

2 great solutions to combat the lag that is generally present in any large texture store.

Yeah, kudos to them, definitely can be alot of work. Although i see the value, I would fear moving anything because I'd be afraid of forgetting to change the LM. Plus, I think my store and sections are labeled and organized quite well to find what you are looking for fast, or you can walk around and browse. Some people really do need to do things like custom LMs for every product, as things are spread out so much. Heck, maybe I could do the LMs by category. That way, the customer would not be more than 10 meters from the product. That's an idea.

I bought a Halloween decoration, I think free, and the merchant had textured one side of the box with an animated spider on a web, so the box the item came in could be used in your Halloween set-up, too. It was really a simple idea, but I was like duh, why didn't I think of that?

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Yeah, kudos to them, definitely can be alot of work. Although i see the value, I would fear moving anything because I'd be afraid of forgetting to change the LM. Plus, I think my store and sections are labeled and organized quite well to find what you are looking for fast, or you can walk around and browse. Some people really do need to do things like custom LMs for every product, as things are spread out so much. Heck, maybe I could do the LMs by category. That way, the customer would not be more than 10 meters from the product. That's an idea.

I would rather have a LM to a teleport board so I could choose where I wanted to go when I got there, not where something is that I already bought. In any case, in my opinion the time spent doing that would be more productively spent on updating or creating new products -- even if you do have help, which most don't.  I recently hired a RL friend to help me in the store, and I would never want her to spend her time on something of dubious value like that. 

What I do when I update my store teleport HUD is send it to my group members, so they can teleport from home directly to whatever department they are interested in. It's like a bunch of wearable LMs in one.  It did take quite a bit of time to make it but well worth it in terms of value to the customer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.