What did you say i'm wearing???

Lexbot Sinister

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lately, i've been surprised about the amount of "noob" behavior, people wearing linden hair under their real hair, wearing their prim attachments for clothes but being naked under, wearing multiple shoes on each foot. Except the people haven't been noobs at all.

Even my own avatar shows all this wierdness from time to time. Usually after re-logging, i turn out right. Sometimes when i re-log, i wear something i wore two days ago! But the errors seldom show to me, only other people see it :robotmad:

It makes me anxious to know i might be looking like an idiot when everything looks fine on my screen. Or showing up at a PG location partially nude, and being AR'ed for it.

Is there any way to know you are expiriencing an error without having a friend look you over before you leave your house? Any explanations to why this happens? Any known fixes?

I have seen a lot of this too, Lexbot.  I first noticed it when people started using Phoenix or Emerald and the so called extra attachment points.  Now that V2 has almost unlimited attachment points, I see it more and more.  Necklaces on avvie legs.  Watches attached to chests and the avatar seems to be unaware of it - experienced avatars.  What I would do is check my "wearing" tab and make sure that I am only wearing the attachments that I intend. The other thing I do is be careful to select "wear" instead of "add" when I want to switch a wearable and only use "add" when I want to try wearing two at the same time.  So far, so good.  Also, it could just be a bug and SL adds these things to the apparently wrong attachment point sometimes without the avatar seeing it.

Kent Hutchinson wrote:

What I would do is check my "wearing" tab and make sure that I am only wearing the attachments that I intend. The other thing I do is be careful to select "wear" instead of "add" when I want to switch a wearable and only use "add" when I want to try wearing two at the same time. 

I've done that every time i'm told i'm wearing something out of place, and the extra things are not shown as worn.

This happens most often when i change outfit, even if i remove everything worn and everything attached, before wearing the new outfit.

Could this be only an outfit bug?

Although I use Phoenix, I'm aware of this oddity.  I've taken to detaching all my items and stripping down BEFORE I attire myself in something new.  I have found that this tends to take the first available wear and attachment points, making me look less like I got dressed in the dark.

However, if I'm only swapping out a few items (i.e. shoes or walking stick), I ensure that I unwear the item to be replaced first.

It would be nice if everyone saw us as intended, but it may be some time before that happens again.

This is a known bug that was introduced in a 'recent' server maintenance.  There is a JIRA on it and some anonymous bloke is assigned to it.  You can try to look at your Current Outfit folder to see what's in there.  Many times, you cannot detach the object that you do not want showing as 'worn'. 

You can have a folder set aside with shape, skin, etc etc and REPLACE ALL with the contents of that folder and then rebuild your avie.  Laborious, but it is a workaround that works...until it doesn't.

Good luck!

This is a server side bug, not a client side problem.  It does not matter which viewer you use.  The way to avoid the problem is to take things off one at a time instead of using the "remove all" option. 

You can try rebaking but that only works some of the time.  The sure way to fix it is to go someplace quite and take off everything one piece at a time.  Relog and wait to see if anything else shows up.  Take that off one piece at a time as before if you still have something there and relog again.  If you come in bare, then you are good to go.  Get dressed as usual and you should not have any problems.

Even taking things off one at a time I have occasionally had issues with attachments behaving badly.

Luckily I don't have many super multi attachment outfits I need to wear.

Of course all of the above does not absolve people from the crime of wearing Linden hair under prim hair....

Funny thing happened last week end after visiting the skin fair.  Got home to try on some skins and low and behold, I had the ugliest hair underneath my prim hair. Checked my worn folder and current outfit and couldn't see it so I couldn't remove it. Went into appearance mode and set all the Hair sliders to 0 and that fixed it but this has never happened to me before. Horrified that other people may have seen me with it on lol.  I did see a "Ruth Hair Fix" in a folder earlier in the day but thought nothing of it as I couldn't see it at the time. Could that have been the reason I had the hideous hair underneath my prim hair?

Edited to fix typos :-)

• 1 year later...

I am having the exact same problem, to me I look fine, to others they see me with clothes on I havent worn in days.  I wear Mesh things, looks fine to me yet people see me with clothes on under it.  Which I am NOT wearing !!  I have rebaked, I have tried every viewer going, I have cleared cache, I have removed all trances of SL, phoenix, firestorm etc including my roaming profile.  This has been happening since the server issues a few days ago.  Nothing is working, this is driving me absolutly crazy !!  Linden Labs, get this bug sorted NOW  PLEASE !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.