Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

valerie Inshan wrote:

Geez, such an emotion sorry for the typing. I feel so relieved and lucky. And I feel blessed to have you all as friends. Hugs and kisses to you wonderful, adorable people! Thank you is a poor word compared to what I am feeling.

/me holds Val tight!  We love you soooooo much!

Peace!

Lia Abbot wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Wow, today is

11/11/11

next year will be the last something like that can happen : 12/12/12. When we jump to 2013, this will not occur anymore...

Hugs you all and kisses for all of of you my friends! :smileyhappy: Have a great Friday! 

Yes val, it is a date that should make us stop and think, and remember those brave men who died that we may be free.

I must also spare a thought for my late Mum. She was in London when a bomb came through the roof of her house and killed her husband and three year old daughter. How she coped with that I'll never know.

Hugs to all.

/me gazes up at the Cenotaph.

Morning Lia!  Wow!  How tragic!  Sigh.  Was a wonder that she coped huh, in the aftermath?  /me pauses and thinks about Lia' Mum, and her family too!

Peace!

DQ Darwin wrote:

@Val: I am so glad and happy for you with this progress - you go girl, love you:)

A time to pause, A time to think, A time to remember

@Wildcat: Some history of a Canadian we are proud of

On May 2, 1915, John McCrae’s close friend and former student Alexis Helmer was killed by a German shell. That evening, in the absence of a Chaplain, John McCrae recited from memory a few passages from the Church of England’s “Order of the Burial of the Dead”. For security reasons Helmer’s burial in Essex Farm Cemetery was performed in complete darkness.

The next day, May 3, 1915, Sergeant-Major Cyril Allinson was delivering mail. McCrae was sitting at the back of an ambulance parked near the dressing station beside the
Yser
Canal
, just a few hundred yards north of Ypres, Belgium.

As John McCrae was writing his In Flanders Fields poem, Allinson silently watched and later recalled, “His face was very tired but calm as he wrote. He looked around from time to time, his eyes straying to Helmer's grave."

Within moments, John McCrae had completed the “In Flanders Fields” poem and when he was done, without a word, McCrae took his mail and handed the poem to Allinson.

Allinson was deeply moved:

“The (Flanders Fields) poem was an exact description of the scene in front of us both. He used the word blow in that line because the poppies actually were being blown that morning by a gentle east wind. It never occurred to me at that time that it would ever be published. It seemed to me just an exact description of the scene."

MCCrae.jpg

Good morning Dee!  Sigh!  Let us never forget!

Peace!

DQ Darwin wrote:

@Val: I am so glad and happy for you with this progress - you go girl, love you:)

A time to pause, A time to think, A time to remember

@Wildcat: Some history of a Canadian we are proud of

On May 2, 1915, John McCrae’s close friend and former student Alexis Helmer was killed by a German shell. That evening, in the absence of a Chaplain, John McCrae recited from memory a few passages from the Church of England’s “Order of the Burial of the Dead”. For security reasons Helmer’s burial in Essex Farm Cemetery was performed in complete darkness.

The next day, May 3, 1915, Sergeant-Major Cyril Allinson was delivering mail. McCrae was sitting at the back of an ambulance parked near the dressing station beside the
Yser
Canal
, just a few hundred yards north of Ypres, Belgium.

As John McCrae was writing his In Flanders Fields poem, Allinson silently watched and later recalled, “His face was very tired but calm as he wrote. He looked around from time to time, his eyes straying to Helmer's grave."

Within moments, John McCrae had completed the “In Flanders Fields” poem and when he was done, without a word, McCrae took his mail and handed the poem to Allinson.

Allinson was deeply moved:

“The (Flanders Fields) poem was an exact description of the scene in front of us both. He used the word blow in that line because the poppies actually were being blown that morning by a gentle east wind. It never occurred to me at that time that it would ever be published. It seemed to me just an exact description of the scene."

MCCrae.jpg

thanks for sharing this story Dee ... and yes you should be proud :matte-motes-kiss: *meows*

I've felt like I'd be intruding on a gathering of old friends to show up here, but I have to make an apperance to give a huge hug to Val. I'm so happy for you sweetie! May things only get better from here :matte-motes-smile:

Also, I want to say thank you to any veterans that might be here. Thank you for your sacrifices and your bravery.

/me edges away from the crowd to make her escape

UncommonTruth wrote:

I've felt like I'd be intruding on a gathering of old friends to show up here, but I have to make an apperance to give a huge hug to Val. I'm so happy for you sweetie! May things only get better from here :matte-motes-smile:

Also, I want to say thank you to any veterans that might be here. Thank you for your sacrifices and your bravery.

What Dee said!  You can never never intrude here!  You are always welcome to the cozy fire!  Also thanks for you comment on the veterans.

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

ove ytou Hippie, cannot stop crying today ut' s  relliref, non more chemio,omg

cant believe it, controld ever 2 months from now on, awwwwwww I was so scared. I love you, all of you

valerie Inshan wrote:

ove ytou Hippie, cannot stop crying today ut' s  relliref, non more chemio,omg

cant believe it, controld ever 2 months from now on, awwwwwww I was so scared. I love you, all of you

I am so glad!  /me hugs Val so tight she turns blue!   Love ya big time!

Peace!

Wildcat Furse wrote:

goodmorning everyone ..... /me smells a new member ... oh it's Uncommon .... YAY .... :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

PS. /me was mice hunting all morning to serve a decent breakfast to my friends ....but but where can I park my dog?????

cute_pics-funny_pictures_of_animals-3669_1835_dog-cat-and-mice.jpg

LOL Wildcat!  Park your dog next to the table!  HEHEH!  /me gives Wildcat a tickle under the chin!

Peace!

UncommonTruth wrote:

This place has no intruders sweetie. Just friends. Come sit by the fire.