new forum... uploading picture

ZenZen Meredith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whoops ZenZen I fear that your small thread is about to be yanked by the moderator.  Any thread that mentioned 'GD' in the subject or within the thread 'somewhere' is being closed.  There is no GD (as of now) in the new SL forum area.  We have been told it will be assessed.

In any case, there is a 500K limit on the size of a photo that you can upload and use as your forum photo.  Just go into whatever software you use..GIMP, Paint...and shrink it a bit.  Also, look for Scylla's thread on how to create a background for your profile.  Very helpful.

Right i have not got mine right yet.The process seems very convoluted.The way I see it for your photo is uploaded from social connect.,and then saved.As you can see I don't know the size yet ,I will just keep messing with it.You need to go back into avatar and pop it up from there......Still learning myself LOL

The distinction between an avatar and badge is quite important.

If you just want a little avatar icon in the top left, follow the link Venus provided for info on how to do this:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

However, if you want a larger image as your 'badge' its a bit more convoluted! The badges are not exactly intended as avatar replacements, but we creative SL types have used them as such :-D I wrote a little guide here which should help:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-to-create-a-cool-forum-avatar-badge/td-p/707025

Note that, even if you create a cool 'badge' for your avatar image, you'll still need something where the small avatar icon is in the top left. However, I believe it is possible to '**bleep**ge' it so that it doesn't show at all by simply uploading a completely transparent .png file and use that as your avatar icon. You should then just see the badge you have created :-D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.