Office hour transcript

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I did a search on about 10 or so people that were not Lindens at the meeting and 3 of them had no products on the marketplace, and another 1 had 1 product. Soooooo, I wonder where they are collecting these groups from. I also did not see any real hard core coders, that i know of.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Well, I did a search on about 10 or so people that were not Lindens at the meeting and 3 of them had no products on the marketplace, and another 1 had 1 product. Soooooo, I wonder where they are collecting these groups from. I also did not see any real hard core coders, that i know of.

if you are talking about the one from yesterday, that was an open User Group that anyone could attend :-D

Suella Ember wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

if you are talking about the one from yesterday, that was an open User Group that anyone could attend :-D

So, not only are some open and some not, but some that are not also have open 1's. Sorry, but I'm a bit confused.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

So, not only are some open and some not, but some that are not also have open 1's. Sorry, but I'm a bit confused.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why the User Groups are causing confusion.

There is a bi-monthly Marketplace User Group that is open to all. Go to the User Groups page here and look for the Marketplace entry for details including times and location:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User_Groups

If you use Google Calendar with Gmail its also dead easy to import the calandar from the bottom of that page to your own calendar. You can then keep track of upcoming User Groups and even set up alerts for yourself to remind you to attend. All the groups shown in that calendar are public groups that you just go along and attend if you want to.

You can also find specific detail on the Marketplace User Groups, including upcoming agendas and past transcripts from here:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Marketplace_User_Group

In addition to that, the Marketplace Team are also holding some periodic groups which I'm referring to as 'Focus Groups' (I wish they would refer to them like this too really as it makes the distinction clearer between those and the main public User Groups!) These 'focus groups' are a select smaller group of people to discuss and throw around ideas and feedback on a particular, focussed topic. Think of it in much the same way as many companies run focus groups. For example - imagine Coca Cola are about to release a new cheese flavoured coke (:) ) - they would prbably get together a small group of their customers to do some taste tests and get feedback etc prior to releasing it to the general public. This is all that the Marketplace 'focus groups' are as I see them.

Brooke did promise that she would provide an easy mechanism for people to express an interest in upcoming 'focus groups'. I'm not sure whether she has done this yet (does anyone else know?). If and when this mechanism is in place, sign up for anything you are interested in giving feedback on. Brooke has also stated that she intends to rotate the participants in these 'focus groups' as much as possible so don't expect to be able to attend them all (which is only fair - it gives everyone a chance to be involved while still ensuring that some focussed feedback can be achieved). In addition to involving those who have expressed an interest, they are also inviting specific people who they think will have a strong input into a particular topic based on their activity in the Marketplace / economic factors etc. I don't have an issue with this either even if it means I would be excluded. I'd rather, for example, have someone giving feedback on delivery issues who has a high turnover and hundreds of deliveries per day so that they can cleary give accurate feedback.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.