player sending me lindens without request 10,000

RickLondon1488313158

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Player sending me Lindens without request 10,000, few minutes later another guy said that I would crash and my account banned.

My Viewer crashed 3 minutes later and I wasn't able to log back. Is this a flaw on Lindens? How can this person send me 10,000 and them crash my PC without any interaction?

I appreciate your attention

Rick

3 answers to this question

Hi Rick,

The $L10,000 won't crash your account, but the arrival of the money might have alerted Linden Lab, who could lock your account for a short while as they sort out the transfer. It's likely that an account was hacked and the hacker distributed the $L balance of the hacked account with intent to harm more than the account holder. If you are able to log-in, do not spend the money, as it's likely LL will remove it from your account. If you've been the innocent victim, your account will likely be returned to you, minus the "gifted" funds, in a few days.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Maddy is quite right.  Just to cover yourself and perhaps to speed up things a bit, you might either submit a support case or contact Live Chat (if you are a Premium member) to report the incident and ask politely why you cannot log in.  Include the name of the person who gave you the L$ in your report.

• Like 2

The money was likely "hot"...that is, someone used a stolen credit card to buy $L, or got them illegally in some other way.  LL will remove the money from your account, and  they might also fine you or permanently ban you.  Your account is at least temporarily on hold while they investigate.  They are touchy about this these days because of new US laws on virtual currencies.

Definitely submit a Support Case explaining your side of what happened.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.