How the heck does one do this?

Reece Loordes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

Reece Loordes wrote:

My sl hubby is accusing me of having another avatar and will only accept proof from sl that I am only running one.

How the heck does one do this?

Signed,

Linden is not going to provide anything for you.  They don't get involved in resident to resident disputes.

I'm usually not one to offer advice in these forums but this one touchs a nerve.

Tell him to take a hike!  Relationships are built on trust.  You don't need him if he's going to be an untrusting jerk.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Cinnamon is right, but for the wrong reason. Resident to resident dispute or not LL isn't going to give information about your account including any alt accounts you may have to anyone, even your REAL husband... let alone some guy with no legal standing whatsoever. All your account information (which includes information about alt accounts) is private and confidential and isn't shared with anyone.

If the only 'proof' he's going to accept is from Linden Lab then he is out of luck and you're better off without him anyway.

• Like 1

Even LL doesn't necessarily know if you have an alt or not. Use a different e-mail address and they don't know you're the same person or not. So, even if they would provide all the documentation to someone (which they won't), that isn't even conclusive proof.

Tell your SL Hubby that if he doesn't trust you it's time to break up and find someone else not to trust.

Oh... they have a very good idea who the average person's alts are. You'd have to do a lot more than just use a different email. LL has various methods of tracking and matching alt accounts to one another. They need to. Griefers can come back with new accounts easily enough they need to have multiple ways of connecting the new account to the old one. If even serious griefers are able to get their alt accounts banned despite all the bogus email, IP and MAC address spoofing and other tricks they use, the idea that you or I are going to fool them by simply switching to joe.s@blank.net instead of j.smith@blank.net is silly.

In RL people have to work through issues in relationships - including (irrational) jealousy. SL is slightly less problematic in solving these issues, ask yourself - do you really want to be 'attached' to a virtual bf/husband who has trust problems of this level?

Sounds to me like he's looking for a way out, and wants to be the 'innocent' party - dump him and move on. It may hurt a bit now - but not half as much as if you let him get under your skin like this.

Good Luck

you tell your SL hubby to go f**k himself and find a man who isn't a jealous, paranoid child.

Honestly, Reece, it's none of his damn business how many alts (if any) you have. Stand up for yourself and tell him he can take a hike if he doesn't like it.  Misogyny doesn't have any more place in SL than it does in RL, imo.

As far as I know there is NO way to completely convince someone you don't have another avatar.
Maybe SL is willing to send you a list of your alts, but they won't send one to someone else.
And if they send one to you, how does your 'husband' know you didn't alter it before sending it on?
Besides how does SL even know you don't have another computer with another account using another IP number and email address?
NOBODY but you knows how many people you are in SL.
So educate him and tell him to trust you or tell him to pack his bags.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.