How do i combine the animation of two seperate AO's

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

one of which the creator no longer has a shop page for which seems to be obtainable only by people passing it about

both AO's appaer to be full perm except when try delete or right click stuff from content folder ... but can read scripts and everything 

i have 1 AO i love the run jump and fly/hover for 

but a new AO i got i love the sit and walk and page down + move 

and turning both on at same time doesnt really work i get the sit of 1 and run of other but then i get the fly i dont want and the page down + move i dont want and walk i dont want as well

iz kwite simpul orl u has 2 doo is 2 rez dem on duh grnd rite klik den go 2 dee kontents payge an drag duh anemashuns frm eech ao in2 ur inventry and den u kan moov orl dee anemashuns in2 wun ayo and edit duh notekard 2 list de anemashuns bi kombinin duh zhao settins 4 both in wun notekard

http://sasypants.com/2010/02/24/ao-tutorial-second-life-animation-over-rider/

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=zhao+second+life

Sassy Romano wrote:

iz kwite simpul orl u has 2 doo is 2 rez dem on duh grnd rite klik den go 2 dee kontents payge an drag duh anemashuns frm eech ao in2 ur inventry and den u kan moov orl dee anemashuns in2 wun ayo and edit duh notekard 2 list de anemashuns bi kombinin duh zhao settins 4 both in wun notekard

so once i place the animations from my invent into the AO i want to have them what do i do with the notecard 

http://i.imgur.com/9dEt5Lh.png

Splatulated wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

so once i place the animations from my invent into the AO i want to have them what do i do with the notecard 

A Good Tutorial On Configuring a ZHAO I Found In Ten Seconds Using Google

Splatulated wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

watudoezopunduhlinkswoteyesentuwotchdemprakisundlrnfrmitlike

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

and im completely confused 

http://i.imgur.com/B8f6bRD.png what am i write in a new note card or add to one of the 6 that are in this AO ??

Splatulated wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

am i write in a new note card or add to one of the 6 that are in this AO ??

you add it to the ones you want it to work in.

You only need a new card if you are making an animation set from scratch.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

ok so what do i right in the note card and how do i make a button for it in the hud ?

a-0.JPGEdited for adult language.

I'm going a little further here because you've been doing some reading now.

And this is a little more advanced.

Each note card represents an animation set.

Depending on my mood I choose which set I want to use.

I have one set that is nothing but sits when I am sitting on a beach for instance.

If you want the animation in all sets you have to add them to every card.

If you want it to work in only one set, you add it to the appropriate card.

Splatulated wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

ok so what do i right in the note card and how do i make a button for it in the hud ?

It's been too long since last time I did this.

The scripts read / create the buttons on their own from the name of the note card.

It's automated as I recall.

Maybe someone else will step in here who's memory is fresher than mine.

Perrie Juran wrote:

a-0.JPG

Edited for adult language.

I have one set that is nothing but sits when I am sitting on a beach for instance.

how do i make my own custome animation set or just a button in the runs section for the run animation im tryign to add ?

Splatulated wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

a-0.JPG

Edited for adult language.

how do i make my own custome animation set or just a button in the runs section for the run animation im tryign to add ?

you'd have to make a new card with only the animations you want in it or edit an existing card so it only has those in it.  You can also rename existing card if you want.

All the instructions are in the script ZHAO-II-Core.  But DO NOT edit that script. 

Splatulated wrote:

Here is a sample from a notecard, the section where you put the names of the animations.

This is the format what ZHAO-II AO will use.

[ Standing ]dz824-Stand.N (Adult)|dz821-Stand.N (Teen)

[ Walking ]CCfWalk03fast|dz845-Walk.N

[ Sitting ]sit_pretty

[ Sitting On Ground ]

[ Crouching ]

[ Crouch Walking ]

[ Landing ]

[ Standing Up ]

[ Falling ]dz323-Falling

[ Flying Down ]dz807-Hover.D

[ Flying Up ]dz806-Hover.U

[ Flying ]

[ Flying Slow ]

[ Hovering ]dz803-Hover.N

[ Jumping ]

[ Pre Jumping ]

[ Running ]dz281-Running

[ Turning Right ]

[ Turning Left ]

[ Floating ]

[ Swimming Forward ]

[ Swimming Up ]

[ Swimming Down ]

[ Typing ]

I have bolded and coloured the names of the animations in the above sample to make it clear. You can put one or many animation names on a single line. If there are many animations on single line then the animation names must be separated by vertical line. |

Just like in [ Standing ] there are two animation names separated by vertical line.

Important: The animations names in the notecard must be exactly like the the animation itself is named.

Don't worry about the buttons. The AO script will create all the buttons needed to the AO HUD's menu.

Here's a picture of the contents of the AO showing the animations in it.

ZHAO-II AO sample.jpg

I hope this helps. :matte-motes-nerdy: :matte-motes-big-grin:

Coby Foden wrote:

Don't worry about the buttons. The AO script will create all the buttons needed to the AO HUD's menu.

Quoting Coby but addressed to Splat.

Just to add something about the buttons: the AO script will use the notecard's title to label the button. Menu buttons are quite small, so you'll only get the first eight or so letters of the title on the button. So use something short and obvious.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.