how do I derender an item (or blacklist it) with the SL viewer?

Mabalot Tatham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Dreia Silversmith said:

This is really the issue. Omg - you CAN NOT DERENDER - I might as well quit playing SL. I cant use Firestorm cause it WILL NOT load my avatar inventory - no matter how much I clean caches or do clean install or all possible tricks I figured to attempt. It stopped doing that after I had mistakenly used the viewer for OS (open sim) - though intended on using Singularity for that. So I used Singularity until it started to claim that I am missing some file from my computer to even be able to run it. So I had to go on SL viewer which is brutally messy *****. There is way too many windows. No matter how much you close messages from groups - as in block them - they keep returning. And then I can not de-render a *****ing cube. Sorry, but I am tired of speaking nicely, cause it does no good to affect anything. Our neighbor has placed 64x64x64 (aproxi) a cube on the ground on their plot which is a corner of a sim. We happen to have land in shape of a T on the shim two faces connected to the water - and so he is located in the corner and surrounded by our land. (I would love to claim that part, but the dude obviously wont move soon. He does not know about it anyways, but sighs.. that way I could have bit more sensible shape a land anyways.) None the less - this cube is applied with horrible tarmac texture which is so stretched it has blured. I  do not know why he did that. Idk, maybe he did not like our high walls - which we had to make due wanting to create a down sloping part of town on the land and additionally - cause another neighbor was using cheap textures and full bright (seemingly thinking its what makes white white) to make a look of 'ancient Creek architecture'. The thing is - SL is full of people who can not build, and leave things half way done. Sky is littered with boxes and crap - like no-one cares about how it looks from outside. That is not the case. I used to de-render everything except my own stuff up in the sky - Because even if was just a build plate - I would make it look acceptable for outsiders. The same reason why I made my wall here partly with cliff and partly with wall on top of the cliff mesh - to break up the texture face, thus also creating a kind of feel inside as though that wall was there to protect the last part of the city left while the outside was supposed to be wilderness. Or place is in progress to change. But none the less at the time we first build there - it was a concept of world destroyed and being over taken by nature. I do not much care for the idea of post apocalyptic desert-land.. I like to think the nature claims the world lushly, while also becoming something new and even weird. Well that is what we had.. The walls were necessary then to keep the ugly or simply too much current reality - earthling - or just too different looking a concept outside of the RP area. A way from immediate view, taking people into the spirit of the location.. no matter what was around. We really went into the theme too, we had trees growing on the roofs and out of windows - wines pushing through cracks - a street turned into a creek. All the textures matched, yet every space or area was individually different. But no - now I cant de-render one dammed block - there is not even anything inside it. It just covers the whole parcel and its only function is to be ugly. And like that was not everything. I made a small stream on the border of our land about 2m wide before making my wall. That stream is on our side - but people place objects on their side, but they reach on top of our streams. They do not apply textures at the ends of their own walls so what we have to try to hide then with expense of prims is their ply wooden brick wall ends. Why cant people get it, that you need to apply the texture even inside objects where the face is not going to be seen - cause at some point SL will mess up and show it? So it should be obvious the brick wall texture should be applied also the end of that wall prim. There is no excuse fur not making things look finished, or pushing your prims on someones land or generally making junk just to annoy someone for what ever private reasons. And then we have to put up with a viewer that can not even de-render. 

Please file a JIRA issue with Firestorm so we can troubleshoot why your inventory will not fetch.  If it will fetch with the LL viewer, it will fetch with Firestorm - it will be fixable.

file_a_jira [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki]

You can't blacklist items in the SL viewer.  That's a Firestorm feature.  You can derender something temporarily, though.  Open your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D) and then Highlighting and Visibility >>>  Hide Selected.  When you select an object with your Build/Edit tool, then, it will be derendered until you UNselect it.  That can be handy, for example, if you want to take a photo but not see a bush in the middle of it.  You activate that feature, select the bush, and poof!

• Like 1

This is really the issue. Omg - you CAN NOT DERENDER - I might as well quit playing SL. I cant use Firestorm cause it WILL NOT load my avatar inventory - no matter how much I clean caches or do clean install or all possible tricks I figured to attempt. It stopped doing that after I had mistakenly used the viewer for OS (open sim) - though intended on using Singularity for that. So I used Singularity until it started to claim that I am missing some file from my computer to even be able to run it. So I had to go on SL viewer which is brutally messy *****. There is way too many windows. No matter how much you close messages from groups - as in block them - they keep returning. And then I can not de-render a *****ing cube. Sorry, but I am tired of speaking nicely, cause it does no good to affect anything. Our neighbor has placed 64x64x64 (aproxi) a cube on the ground on their plot which is a corner of a sim. We happen to have land in shape of a T on the shim two faces connected to the water - and so he is located in the corner and surrounded by our land. (I would love to claim that part, but the dude obviously wont move soon. He does not know about it anyways, but sighs.. that way I could have bit more sensible shape a land anyways.) None the less - this cube is applied with horrible tarmac texture which is so stretched it has blured. I  do not know why he did that. Idk, maybe he did not like our high walls - which we had to make due wanting to create a down sloping part of town on the land and additionally - cause another neighbor was using cheap textures and full bright (seemingly thinking its what makes white white) to make a look of 'ancient Creek architecture'. The thing is - SL is full of people who can not build, and leave things half way done. Sky is littered with boxes and crap - like no-one cares about how it looks from outside. That is not the case. I used to de-render everything except my own stuff up in the sky - Because even if was just a build plate - I would make it look acceptable for outsiders. The same reason why I made my wall here partly with cliff and partly with wall on top of the cliff mesh - to break up the texture face, thus also creating a kind of feel inside as though that wall was there to protect the last part of the city left while the outside was supposed to be wilderness. Or place is in progress to change. But none the less at the time we first build there - it was a concept of world destroyed and being over taken by nature. I do not much care for the idea of post apocalyptic desert-land.. I like to think the nature claims the world lushly, while also becoming something new and even weird. Well that is what we had.. The walls were necessary then to keep the ugly or simply too much current reality - earthling - or just too different looking a concept outside of the RP area. A way from immediate view, taking people into the spirit of the location.. no matter what was around. We really went into the theme too, we had trees growing on the roofs and out of windows - wines pushing through cracks - a street turned into a creek. All the textures matched, yet every space or area was individually different. But no - now I cant de-render one dammed block - there is not even anything inside it. It just covers the whole parcel and its only function is to be ugly. And like that was not everything. I made a small stream on the border of our land about 2m wide before making my wall. That stream is on our side - but people place objects on their side, but they reach on top of our streams. They do not apply textures at the ends of their own walls so what we have to try to hide then with expense of prims is their ply wooden brick wall ends. Why cant people get it, that you need to apply the texture even inside objects where the face is not going to be seen - cause at some point SL will mess up and show it? So it should be obvious the brick wall texture should be applied also the end of that wall prim. There is no excuse fur not making things look finished, or pushing your prims on someones land or generally making junk just to annoy someone for what ever private reasons. And then we have to put up with a viewer that can not even de-render. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.