Password always considered incorrect when trying to change email, anybody else have this issue?

Darkinian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No matter how careful I type it, it's always incorrect, thus I'm unable to change the associated email. It's an old one that I do not need anymore and I wanted to update it. I even exited the website and the viewer all-together to write my logins again and see if really there is a problem with my login information but the password works, there is nothing wrong. But for that specific task it doesn't work at all. I am confused. Now, how am I suppose to update this email if the system doesn't recognise my password ?

Edit : Thank you for the replies and also sorry for the confusion. Yes I am using my SL password, it is why I don't understand why it constantly refuses it when trying to change my email. I am using Chrome and Firefox. I finally filled a support bill since I don't seem to have any success so far. 

5 answers to this question

Assuming you are actually using your Second Life password, not your email password, you have a problem.  You'll need to call Billing or file a support ticket.  Billing numbers below.  Support ticket can be accessed with the Help/Support menu of this site.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

What password are you trying?  Your SL password obviously works here, so it ought to work when you type it in on that page too.  Linden Lab uses the same password for your account, no matter whether you are logging in with your viewer or are entering a fourm website, Marketplace, search, or your dashboard.  I can only imagine that you are trying to enter some other password.

• Like 1

Hi Darkinian,

I'll guess you are trying to use your e-mail account password on the page where you change e-mail addresses. That's NOT the password the page is looking for. It wants your SL account password, to verify that you're really the owner of the SL account on which you are changing the password. The web page is poorly designed, so confusion is to be expected.

You should never enter your e-mail password anywhere other than when logging into your e-mail service.

If you really are using your SL password on that page, it may be a browser glitch. Try using Chrome or Firefox, SL doesn't like Internet Explorer

Be careful!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.