Need ideas to work around problem.

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a hud that currently dettaches once the avatar leaves the region. But i also had the HUD update data in the Experience Persistant Storage to say the HUD was no longer attached. But it cant update the EPS if you teleport to a region that is has not accepted the experience.

How are they attaching weapons at the Cornfield and cheking that the user has'nt already got the weapon attached?

Any ideas how i can work around this problem?

I'm not sure which mechanism this HUD is using to detach when it leave the region, so it could be that anything that's supposed to run at that point is necessarily unreliable -- as in the case of teleporting into a no-scripts region, perhaps. If that's a real problem, it may be better for the HUD to actively record its continued attachment, and when those updates cease for too long, conclude that it's detached.

If this kind of reliability isn't all that important, you could have the HUD send a regular old non-Experience message (llHTTPRequest) to a server that is on an experience-enabled parcel, and have that server update the Experience Persistent Store.

Not sure if this will work but I am sort of planning to use the following.  Helper script on parcel to record who is on parcel, if new player (visitor) then add them to the watch list and issue a HUD.  The HUD could then record scores or whatever and when the user leaves the parcel then the helper script could close off the record?  The helper script & HUD shouldn't actually need to talk to each other keeping comms to a minimum?

I am currently using something similar to record visitor durations on our parcel and am hoping that this may work!

• Lindens

I am not aware of a good solution that will work in all cases (teleport to no-script/non-xp region, logout, disconnect, etc.). The best be is probably a combination of the suggestions above. A HUD can send messages or update the db while it is active, with a timestamp. It can also send messages to an object in the region which can do this on its behalf. A monitor script can use something like llGetAgentList as well. If you think it might be useful, you might add a feature request to add flags to that function to get a list of people either in or not in the experience.

If you absolutely need to use the experience's db to keep track if the HUD is worn, then maybe include the HUD's key in the data. That way if they leave the area into a no script region and return wearing the HUD or if you're using a multi-region setup, you can check if they have it attached already by key with either llGetOwnerKey() or llGetObjectDetails() & OBJECT_ATTACHED_POINT.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.