Enhanced avi editing controls needed

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently the  slider  settings in "edit shape only go to 100. I'd like to see them increased, so those of us who want bigger breasts size,  could easily go bigger without having to buy lolas,and would like to see a setting for biceps,and for butt roundness.

As with so many other things, the moment Linden Labs raised the limits, almost everyone would use them and, in a way, they wouldn't look so much “bigger” anymore; and, also as with many other things, this change wouldn't come without its problems: the breasts / biceps / butts may increase in size, but the base avatar mesh, the number of polygons it's made of, would NOT change... those enlarged parts would look even more spiky and polygonal (they already do, at the largest sizes).

Which is why there exist rigged mesh body extensions such as lolas, butts, etc. They provide not only the increased size, but also a compensating superior smoothness. It's of course regrettable that one has to buy these things, but the solution is not to carelessly raise limits, at least not without making sure it'll still look decently realistic.

Only thing I have against mesh skins/shapes, is that non mesh clothing cannot be worn.

While on the subject: I am a female bodybuilder, and would like to edit My biceps bigger, Someone told Me, to switch to male gender, there was a setting for biceps. Was told, to edit them as I liked,then go back to frmale. Is this even feasable?

I am wearing a sking muscle skin"Barbarah Sun". It has decent tone, but biceps are a on the smallish side. Again, I want to stay shy of mesh

KarraSue wrote:

Only thing I have against mesh skins/shapes, is that non mesh clothing cannot be worn.

While on the subject: I am a female bodybuilder, and would like to edit My biceps bigger, Someone told Me, to switch to male gender, there was a setting for biceps. Was told, to edit them as I liked,then go back to frmale. Is this even feasable?

I am wearing a sking muscle skin"Barbarah Sun". It has decent tone, but biceps are a on the smallish side. Again, I want to stay shy of mesh

That's a recognised hack. There isn't an individual biceps slider, but you can hack the restriction on the female torso muscle slider.

The female torso muscle slider locks off at 50%. You can put it as high as you like, but nothing above 50% makes any difference. If you swap to the male shape, go above 50%, then swap back to female, the higher muscle settings are preserved. Not as big as the male body muscles at the same setting, but bigger than the you'd get with the female slider.

I have to agree with other replies, though. At larger slider settings, the standard body becomes horribly distorted. The larger muscle settings on either gender are lumpy and misshapen. Larger breast sizes start to look like Kryten's head...

krytens head.jpg

KarraSue wrote:

Then there is nothing that can help you. The sliders of the standart avatar won't change and even if, breasts that are at 100 look ugly and up to 200....well I think you could also attach two prim cubes to your chest, the result would look the same.

Well, thats it.

If you ever change your feeling about mesh:

You do not need to get a whole mesh body, at least for your breast problem you could get mesh breasts, many newer texture based clothes come with appliers. It may make some of your clothes ready for the trashcan, but if want giant breasts that stay in a round shape, then thats the way to go. You have to deciede whats more important to you.

KarraSue wrote:

Currently the  slider  settings in "edit shape only go to 100. I'd like to see them increased, so those of us who want bigger breasts size,  could easily go bigger without having to buy lolas,and would like to see a setting for biceps,and for butt roundness.

I agree the sliders leave a lot to be desired, but the problem is only partly the sliders. The biggest problem is the avatar, we need a new and better avatar with out spending thousands on something that only some will use, and not a Frankenstein of pieces parts. The Lab needs to make a better avatar and better sliders to go with it.

But don't hold your breath.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.