Massive inventory loss! Help please.

Rosalia Vaher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, in the last 2-3 months I've lost a great amount of my inventory 3 times. The first time, I lost all of my textures. This wasn't a big deal and I re-uploaded them. A couple weeks later, a lost a great amount of my clothing folder. The folders with clothes in them were still there, but they were empty, save a few. I cleared my cache and asked around to see if anyone else was having this issue. Now, I have been logged in for about 2 hours. I just went into my inventory to find a large amount of my animations, clothing, and textures gone. There are no items in my lost and found and I'm extremely frustrated. I sent several tickets, and haven't gotten any help. Does anyone know what I can do? The last time this happened, I sent the transaction history to the store owners and got most of my clothes returned, but I really don't want to have to do that again. Thank you so much if you can help!

12 answers to this question

Seems this is becoming a reoccuring theme lately, i have had the same issue most of the time nothing has been done about it and im just out the money i spent which over the last few months has been pretty extensive so i dont shop as much now since the losses are rarely ever recovered,  Though i do get some things back by not only clearing my regular cache but clearing my inventory cache which is under the network tab in preferences at the bottom of the page and relogging.  Cant promise that will help i hope you items come back for you though.

Ok, for some reason, when Emerald shares the same folder as the normal SL viewer, it stops loading inventory and it appears as an inventory loss.  To fix it, do this:

-Uninstall all versions of the Second Life Viewer on your PC.

-Uninstall Emerald.  Then, go in an manually delete any remaining folders, particularly the one that is likely under your user settings where your cache is stored.  Look under the Application Data, Users, or Roaming folder.

-Once it's all deleted, reinstall the standard Second Life Viewer.  Once you log back in, you should see the 'fetching inventory' and your inventory should reload in it's entirety from the asset server.

To fix in the future, be sure under preferences your Emerald cache is set to a different location than the Second Life viewer cache.

Why un-install?

Re-locating the cache folder, manually delete the existing items from the cache folder, and re-logging.

If this does not work, then log into the test grid(Aditi), open inventory (do not rez anything), once it has loaded, log out. Re-log into current viewer and then see if the items have re-loaded.

If all that has failed, then follow the route of un-installing the clients.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.