Mass Avatar Creation for AFKING? I'm confused...

Tzeki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm a bit confused. I was surfing through the grid and I found a sim FILLED with people, but there were only two avs on the ground floor, and a lot more all grouped together 4k meters in the air; natureally, I went to investiage. I found this. It seems like almost a dozen or so avatars were all made today, put up in that box that has a security object to it, and were left there afking. I asked the owner about it and he wasn't willing to share it's purpose. I'm legitimately curious what this is for. 

You need to mask out all references to the sim owner anyway, probably the sim too if it is on there -- not sure about the "bots". It is against the forum rules to name names in this kind of thing and your conversation is very easy to read.

This making of avatars was VERY prevelent in the past.

As long as the bots are registered as 'scripted agents' you can legally make as many as  you want.  A scripted agent is not counted in traffic counts for the parcel or sim. There is no way for you to know if they are registered scripted agents or  not, only the owner and LL know.

Since they were just created that day, no telling what their purpose is.  He'll get caught quickly if he didn't register them and is gaming traffic, but there are other legal purposes people use them too. Maybe they'll all be strippers or dancers at an adult club or maybe they'll be rented out to shop owners as models or greeters.  They may be used to survey the grid by sending them to visit all the sims.  They could be used as 'extra' for a role play sim or machinima.  A bot can be driven by software that is programmed to before a lot of different things in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.